• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IMPULSE - worth the $$$ ???

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Whats wrong with your MCX kit ? Seems like huge waste of money to me ! If that MCX kit is not running perfect you might want to look at the install. If you sell the MCX you will be lucky to see 4-5 for the entire kit. If you upgrade to the Impulse your gonna need to spend some cash. What is it like 7-8 grand. Your gonna gain a few ponies and little more track speed if your lucky. 3-4 grand for 10 more mph tracks speed is not worth it. Lag Lag Lag, yup you won't have as much. When my flipper is mashed and i'm sitting at 12 psi i have no lag LOL. You might be able to upgrade the MCX system to Impulse but it is still going to be thousands, that buys a some other goodies. I would never sell my MCX kit, it is by far one of if not the most reliable kit on the snow ! You might pay for it in lag (if you want to call it that) but i guarantee it will be a sled that you just turn the key and ride !

Last edited:
H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I would be willing to get the rapid bike set up from Dave first , way cheaper and may be enough to satisfy you.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
I would be willing to get the rapid bike set up from Dave first , way cheaper and may be enough to satisfy you.

me personally i dont think thats the answer but that is just my opinion, if i was you i would try & ride one that is the only thing that would tell you if its worth it.me i switched years ago from a rear to a front mount & would not go back even if the rear mount was faster for me its just the balance of the sled.as always its just a personal thing if you are going to switch get one of pauls race kits they are truly a step up from most kits,oh & i ride a alpine great kit too:D:beer;

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I would not go with the RB3, i have yet to see one run good and i have talked to a lot of guys who who had them and got rid of them. Why reinvent the wheel as far as your MCX kit goes. The 310 kit may be a little rich on the bottom end from what i understand. I would go with the new MCX controller for that 310 kit if it is available. There is a post in here about the new controller for the MCX Nytro which you can read about it. Go that route if your really into making your own maps and adjusting the curves.

Its really going to come down to what you want to do, everyone on here has a different kit or idea and you will get 10 different views which is the end all be all. Save some money and ride ! That Apex will be worth pennies next year and all you will have done is throw money in the garbage for a possible headache !

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
MCX Rapid Bike Apex

Well guys Rapid Bike has been all upgraded over the summer and with it setup on the Apex it makes a big improvemnt in throttle response.
The lastest map used with the lastest project makes Apex with MCX snappy compared to old setup with stock MCX box.
I will give you money back as long as the Rapid Bike harness and box are in good condition if you are not happy with results.
We built a prototype Apex rear mount and the customer is very happy with throttle response and power as well.
Igniton timing is key in a turbo sled!
www.powderlites.com

N

NOSZED

Jan 16, 2008
olds,alberta
Rb3

Well I have the rb3 with the new project installed.ANY of the 310 kits would like to play against mine at 13 pounds vs theres at 18 give me a call.This sled with the upgrades absolutely pulls your arms out of your sockets at 14 pounds of boost.Makes full boost in less than a sled length.:eek:

T
Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls, Wa
I have an MCX 310 with an RB3. Just like Dave says, timing is key to making it run crisp. I'd take this over the standard MCX fuel control any day. And I don't even have the project update done on mine yet.

Tuning with the RB3 is one of the coolest things I've seen on a sled. Any RPM and any boost can be dialed for whatever you want. The only way I could see them getting a bad rap is if the user doesn't take the time to understand how to program with it. Once you get it all figured out, I can't see a tuner not liking it.

J
Oct 23, 2008
Rb3

I have an MCX 310 with an RB3. Just like Dave says, timing is key to making it run crisp. I'd take this over the standard MCX fuel control any day. And I don't even have the project update done on mine yet.

Tuning with the RB3 is one of the coolest things I've seen on a sled. Any RPM and any boost can be dialed for whatever you want. The only way I could see them getting a bad rap is if the user doesn't take the time to understand how to program with it. Once you get it all figured out, I can't see a tuner not liking it.

Well after all the great help from everybody here. Decided to try this rb3 out on the apex and get the mcx kit to work hopefully half as good as you say. And as far as the impulse kit goes. Bought a new nytro yesterday and it will be going to 100 mile house for impulse kit as soon as I get home from work. Thanks for all the helpfull tips and posts!!!!!

S

sibola

Sep 16, 2009
B.C. Canada
i guess we need a little boost fest in stewart or something for all us northern b.c boost boys to get together hat ezy:beer;

This sounds like something that should definetly happen, maybe towards spring. April maybe. How many off us running boost Prince George north.

Premium Features