• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 Apex intermittent problem, please help.

S
Oct 15, 2008
Bozeman-MT
Having trouble with my 07 Apex w/BD turbo. I live a good distance from any qualified dealer so would like to get this figured out on my own.

Under mid to high boost or RPM it will intermittently throw the caution light on and die like its out of fuel. The O2 sensor goes lean just before this happens for just a ½ second. When you let off the throttle it comes back to a rough idle. It never actually dies or stops running. It will idle ruff for a minute than clean up and be fine for a minute. It will do this every time for a few minutes, than it may stop for an hour or two and not do it at all. It stores a code 14.

I have tried 3 known good control boxes and it does this on all three boxes. I’m wondering about a fuel pump going bad?

J
Nov 27, 2007
check the fuel feed line for leaks and the fuel filter. Had a filter plug on me and it would run ocasionally and lean out other times.

H

happyhour

Nov 26, 2007
is your fuel psi good and is the vac line hooked up to the fuel reg ? check and make sure you intake air psi sensor is hooked up or possibly bad.

Last edited:
I

icepole123

Oct 9, 2008
spur i had similar problem. large pipe off intercooler hose clamp broke and would suck air sometimes and not other times.could be air leak somewhere.good luck

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Usually a code 14 is : water in the line that goes to the fuel controller or a leak in the line to the fuel controller or water in the pressure sensor.

Premium Features