• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTB - RMK 800 or ???

T
Dec 19, 2008
Denver, CO
Re-post (over in the SD forum)

3k cash to spend - want to get a sled before Xmas if possible!!

Looking for my first sled, and thought I'd have better luck here vs. looking just locally. I'm in Denver, CO and would consider driving a reasonable distance for the right sled (meet halfway to UT/WY/NM).

Open to suggestions / ideas since I'm new to this pending addiction . After researching online for a few weeks, I think I like either the SD Summit (800) or a RMK from Polaris. Also would consider a Yami.

I briefly thought about a 2 up / touring machine, b/c I want to take my 8 yr. old son out this winter to get him into it and have a hobby to share. However, the capabilities of those (limited off track riding) would force me to sell it and get 2 machines in a couple of years when he's ready for his own. SO, I'll be trail riding w/ the kid, maybe the wife and some mild off trail to figure things out. Also to take it out myself, but I'm not looking for crazy mountain climbing or $$$ mods, etc.

800 is probably the max (motor size wise) and i'd also consider 600-700s. best case is a sled I can keep for 3-4 yrs, and I'll get my son a smaller / starter machine when he's ready.

Budget: ideally 3k or less

If you have something your looking to sell within reach, or you're planning a trip to CO and might like to leave a sled behind in the next month or so, let me know what you've got. Shipping is also possible, but that's just going to add 3-400 to the budget (or take it out of the sled).

You can post here, or email to hamiltonevan @ hotmail.com (take out the spaces).

One curve ball is I'd consider trading my "old school" 16' wooden McKenzie (Greg Tatman) fly fishing drift boat w/ the trailer (Oars, seats, etc.). It's in good shape (could use a new bottom but floats fine), about 10 yrs. old and the combo is probably worth about $2500. It's been on the Roaring Fork, Colorado, Green, Grays Reef, and S. Fork of the Snake in the past few years. If fly fishing is your summertime addiction - maybe we should talk.

Thanks for looking - and also feel free to add any comments or advice.

hamiltonevan at hotmail.com

04 Summit X

Jan 4, 2008
SE Idaho
I have a Polaris RMK for sale. Its a 98 700 Chassis with a Holz coil Over rear suspension, Powder Pro Skis, Left handed throttle, 159 track, The motor is not a 700. Its a mod 800 motor out of a 03 Polaris. It has PSI twins and was built by Union Bay. I would let the sled go for 3000. I am in SE Idaho, so i would consider meeting in Utah...

S

sledheadmt

Sep 15, 2009
I have an 01 polaris rmk 700 with a 156 camoplast track, big wheel kit, brand new hi fax, stiffer springs with old ones, new rear shock, 4 inch pivot riser, fox float shocks with pump, simmons skis, new carbs, slp can. The sled runs great and i'm more of a powder rider and it works awesome in deep snow. The motor was rebuilt about 2500 miles ago and runs awesome. I'm located in Butte Montana. $3000 but with the shipping i can take $2600. Let me know if you are interested. And the slednecks sticker can be peeled off if you don't like it. Thanks

R

RmkMtnRider

Nov 26, 2007
Boise Idaho
I've got a completly stock 03 vertical escape 800 159. Has around 4500 miles but only about 1500 on new crank with bigger bearing. Been a great sled. Powder pro skis and ice scratchers. 3000

T
Jan 10, 2008
ive got two to choose from both mod sleds on old school wedge set ups one is a 2000 base 800 motor other is 2001 base motor im in co gypsum 2300 and 2800 respectively could have pics or meet with both sleds pm me

Premium Features