• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Should I part it or sell it

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I don't think there is alot of money in parting it out, your best bet is to hope someone needs a sled for there kid

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Hate to see you part it out. If it is in good working order it would be a nice find for a younger rider to get into the sport. I bought my first sled in high school and money talked in those days.

E
Jan 25, 2009
Erie Colorado
good condition, hood is faded and so is the seat, it is a 400 cc liquid cooled and was manufactured in 84, I picked it up for 100bucks and i dont know if i feel like working on it to make it GRADE A+++. right now i would say it is a C+++ to B--

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I don't know if I would paint much. Clean it up, wax the hood, and make sure it is safe to run.

Not sure about your market, but $500 is usually a good starting point. The 400 liquid was a good running sled so surely you can find someone that could learn on it.

Besides, the manufacturers aren't making smaller sleds anymore that entry level folks can afford so I'd hate to see it go under the knife.

I picked up a nice '93 440 SKS (liquid) that the guy was tempted to yank the motor to put in a dune buggy. This is going to make a nice sled for my kids to learn on.

Dec 30, 2007
Crescent, Iowa
As volcano buster said. Don't paint the hood just sell it as is. Usually when the snow flies people buy anything that is a 1000 or less. I would probably start some where between 750- 1000, because everyone is going to try the "if I pay you cash will you take". Always easier to go down in price.

Premium Features