For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: GEN 1 and older 1998 and older, all models in the Gen 1 Indy chassis and older chassis models

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Currently: Loving my 2013 PRO!!!
500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need info on 92 Indy Lite 340 for my son

Just bought a 1992 Indy Lite 340 for my son, and was wanting to put a taller lug track on it before the snow flies. I need to know what pitch the drivers are and also not too sure what the length of the factory track is. Thanks in advance for your help.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 09-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Currently: I've lost my self so im going to find me if you see me let me konw that im trying to find my self..
Basic Member
manowar has a reputation beyond reputemanowar has a reputation beyond reputemanowar has a reputation beyond reputemanowar has a reputation beyond reputemanowar has a reputation beyond reputemanowar has a reputation beyond reputemanowar has a reputation beyond reputemanowar has a reputation beyond reputemanowar has a reputation beyond reputemanowar has a reputation beyond reputemanowar has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

The length is 121" . Driver pitch is 2.52" . And on that sled a 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 " lug would be all i would go.Oh If its a touring or two up the length may be diffrent . Let me know those were 133"

Old 09-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Currently: Loving my 2013 PRO!!!
500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute500 CID has a reputation beyond repute

Manowar, thanks for the help. I can now start looking for a track and a few other parts to get it going again. After further inspection I don't think it has a chaincase either some sort of direct drive?? Should be plenty of fun for my 7 yr old son this winter though!!

Old 09-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Currently: Not set.
volcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond repute

I have a '94 Indy Lite Deluxe (electric start). It has a 121 x 15 x roughly .5 lug track. Granted it could use more, but I believe you will need to find a way to gear it down or change the clutching so it stays on the power all the time.

I had some early Polaris plastic skis that I had to notch the side of the inside rib to fit the lower shock mount. If you can find some plastic skis, I would spend my money there before anything else. Nothing more frustrating for a small rider than having the skis stick and get you stuck.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Currently: Iron Dog riding
550iq has a reputation beyond repute550iq has a reputation beyond repute550iq has a reputation beyond repute550iq has a reputation beyond repute550iq has a reputation beyond repute550iq has a reputation beyond repute550iq has a reputation beyond repute550iq has a reputation beyond repute550iq has a reputation beyond repute550iq has a reputation beyond repute550iq has a reputation beyond repute

Spent some time with a 250 Indy Lite, a Starlite, a 94 model. I put a 136, 1.25 track on it, a tough fit, and removed it later on as the 250 just didn't have the power to really pull it. The Starlite also had a chain case and was further enhanced with the addition of a hydraulic brake from a '97 Polaris, that I got from a used parts store, and a Polaris rack from the day. Your sled may have the direct drive system that the 121 inch models had in the day. I think all Indy Lites went to the chaincase drives by '94. My advice is to keep it stock, plenty good for the boy - unless that is you sometimes looking for a light ride now and then. But then you should look for the GT longer track, two-up models with a chaincase. It may be an ordeal to tweak with the direct drive system. Cheers.