• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Image Overlay: Axys RMK vs Pro RMK

M

mt.aero

Nov 14, 2011
Steamboat
I was curious about the (very) general difference between the two as we've seen in photos. Well, I'm a visual person and though I would share.

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
The first thing that jumps out at me is the AXYS' better lower transition on the nose cone, should not push as much and help to get on the snow.

Second the AXYS' is higher overall, less of the chassis dragging the snow along, also will contribute to better snow mobility.

Thank you for taking the time to create the visual representation.

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I'm glad they shortened and steepened the hood angle. I get tired of having a pile on snow on my hood on deep days. Thanks for the overlay. Can you one that looks more like an Axys over the Pro?

P
Nov 4, 2010
Lengthen the spindles on the Pro a little bit, drop and roll and drop brackets then the profiles would be very close. If the Axys ends up being a lot better looks like a pro with a little suspension work could be very close.

Last edited:
M

mt.aero

Nov 14, 2011
Steamboat
Can any one do that with a front view?

I wanted to do the front as well, but I can't find images of both sleds that were shot from the same exact front-end point of view. If someone has some, I'll be more than happy to do a similar overlay.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Assuming the steering post angle is the same, looks to be a bit more rider forward as well. Pics don't show because handlebars are laid back.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Thanks.

I'd like to see a series of pics like this from the FRONT view.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I wish I could share the image overlays I saw in Alpine of the Doo.
Those were interesting.

Were they of the SD paneling out, front view, or side view with rider bias on the front? What was interesting to you?

Poo made a big deal last year when the 15 Axys was intro'ed of the changed rider position from the Rush/Indy. More rider forward. Haven't seen anything mentioned about the Axys RMK position changing from the Pro RMK. The Pro RMK was more forward than the Rush already, and they kept the rider in the same position as the Pro RMK with the Axys RMK? Anyone recall discussion by poo on this? Thanks.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Fwiw im not one of the handlebar foreward guys... i like em right where they r on the pro. I rented a doo in cooke an man it felt nose heavy. An acted like it too.

Glad poo kept steering post in same/similar location even if they open up the footwells a bit. Gives u more options... their r times climbing i wish i could be a little farther up the boards

J
Nov 27, 2014
Were they of the SD paneling out, front view, or side view with rider bias on the front? What was interesting to you?

Poo made a big deal last year when the 15 Axys was intro'ed of the changed rider position from the Rush/Indy. More rider forward. Haven't seen anything mentioned about the Axys RMK position changing from the Pro RMK. The Pro RMK was more forward than the Rush already, and they kept the rider in the same position as the Pro RMK with the Axys RMK? Anyone recall discussion by poo on this? Thanks.

looks like a arctic cat maybe it will finally keep up with one but i bet not

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
More pics

I'd like to see more pics of sleds superimposed over other brands of sleds like was done in this thread with the Polaris sleds.
It would give us all a better idea as to where the rider stands and the handle bars are located on each brand of sled compared to the next brand of sled

Premium Features