• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro RMK Track Change

R
Mar 21, 2014
Niagara Falls, NY
:help:Can someone give me some basic instructions on changing out my stock 163 track to my new 3" 162 track? It's a 2015. I have changed tracks before but not on a sled with the belt drive (I hear its easier). Also does anyone know the torque specs on the belt drive bolts?

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
losen belt drive sprocket bolts (use brake to hold) the remove belt and sprockets losen rear axle bolts
losen track tentioner bolts all the way use a straps over the tunnel and seat to hold up track while you work
remove susp. bolts slide it forward then pull the rear end out and slide the whole susp. out
remove secondary clutch remove all the nuts holding the driveshaft bearing in place get under sled and push the track up hard against the tunnel off the drivers (help is nice here) then slide the driveshaft toward the clutch side out of the belt case then you can bring it down and out remove track

good time to check bearings and seals (should be fine if its a 15)

change out drivers to 7tooth for the new track (make sur to take carefull measurements to guarantee proper track alignment )
install new track hold tight against the tunnel to get drive shaft in
now reverse what you already did
i think thats it
adjust track to specs and grease all the zerks

i don't know the torques for the belt drive sprocket bolts but the dealer will
good luck

Last edited:

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
YES you do its really the only easy way to remove and press back on the new drivers
the kurts polaris video say 45 foot lbs of torque on the belt drive sprockets
and use blue lock tight as well

Premium Features