• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Going to Dealer last 10 days of warranty

F

fitler

May 14, 2009
Should mention that sled ran flawlessly last season. Had a new motor about 600 miles ago do to piston skirt failure.
towards the end of the summer it stated to leak black oil from the PTO side of the belly pan. Going to have the local dealer take a look.

Anything in specific i should ask them to check before my warranty runs out in 9 days?

Thanks

xmk1080

Lifetime Membership
Sep 23, 2008
Check and see if the oil is coming out of the PTO seal, might want to take the primary clutch off and remove the dust cover behind it to see if the seal is going out. I had this happen to my '11 pro and it took the whole motor out, lucky I had warranty yet. that cover may keep debris out but it also keeps dirt in.

F

fitler

May 14, 2009
Thanks.

Engine seems to run fine now. Has a little more vibration then my buddies 2012.

Was thinking of having them check compression, and motor mounts also.

Should i have them check anything else? I only have the drive train warranty at this point.

Thanks

Y
Apr 26, 2012
If they are already in there. And you have a good relationship they can check primary for wear or cracks and alignment, they might do it at no cost. And you could get a brand new clutch out of it.

xmk1080

Lifetime Membership
Sep 23, 2008
Mine also had a slight vibration with a slight rattle in the motor, it sounded like a pto clutch but when I took it off it still made the noise and that is when I noticed oil leaking behind the cover. I just assumed that my dealer wouldn't do anything or do it right and since in was making noise I just rode it until the crank shaft gave out or I should say until the seal finally went out and took the whole motor with it. It went at least another 400 miles and of course the snow conditions were amazing. Some how after I dumped oil down the cylinders and in the fuel tank I was able to limp it back to the lodge. I took it in for warranty and they put a complete long block assemble in, no used parts :face-icon-small-hap

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Should mention that sled ran flawlessly last season. Had a new motor about 600 miles ago do to piston skirt failure.
towards the end of the summer it stated to leak black oil from the PTO side of the belly pan. Going to have the local dealer take a look.

Anything in specific i should ask them to check before my warranty runs out in 9 days?

Thanks

Have you relo'ed your VES bleed hose? If not, look there, too.

Premium Features