• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Nytro MTX MPI turbo 2.6 inch track?

M
Jan 12, 2018
I picked up a 2011, 162 mtx MPI turbo with 400 miles on it. It has the oem Maverick track. I want to put a 2.5 or 2.6 inch track on it. It looks like there is plenty of room for the exhaust Clarence. The tight spot appears to be around the front heat exchanger. It looks like there is about 3/4 of an inch clearance forward of the heat exchanger at present. It has 8 tooth drivers on it right now. I would like to know if anyone knows if this is stock or is 7 tooth stock on 2011 mtx 162. Were the drivers changed because the original owner was riding at 11,000 foot elevation? Also for those of you that are running 2.5 or 2.6 tracks are you all running 7 tooth sprocket’s? If so what other changes did you make?gearing? Clutching? thank you

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I put together a Nytro tips and useful info thread a few years back:

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173061

The stock maverick sucked to say the least. I ran a boondocker turbo with a 2.25 powerclaw and it seemed to work much better. If I recall correctly, the OEM drivers were 3", 7 tooth and a 2.5 Camo Extreme fit with maybe 1/4 to 1/2 an inch to spare between the track and front cooler.

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190228

I would toss on some anti ratchet drivers and an anti-stab kit for peace of mind, if you are dropping a tooth anyways it makes sense.

As far as clutching goes I dont remember the springs I ran, but I had supertips 60 gram adjustable weights in the primary and a shockwave helix on the secondary, although a lot of guys ran the stock helix without any issues.

If you do a little searching in the boosted and 4 stroke forum on here you should find a ton of info on what guys were running when the Nytro was all the rage up in Canada.

cycology1

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2017
I just ordered the Challenger Extreme for the same sled based on advice here a while back. Hopefully there were no track/driver mods now that you mention it.

Premium Features