• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Places to stay near Rabbit Ears Steamboat Springs

X
Jan 17, 2010
First time heading out to Colorado looking to ride near Steamboat springs looking for some good places to stay for a week would prefer a place you can ride out from lodge or cabin. Any suggestions greatly appreciated

C
Nov 13, 2015
I stayed at the Glen Eden Resort just up the road from Steamboat and it is very nice and extremely reasonable. However you have to trailer a short distance to drop and ride. Hanhs Peak was nice but was booked when I checked for our trip.

L

Lano

Dec 15, 2007
Buffalo, MN
Lost Dog at Glen Eden!

My family and I just purchased the Lost Dog at Glen Eden. I have been staying it the Glen since 2008. You can unload at Seed House RD, 550 Trailhead just passed Hahn's Peak Roadhouse or run into Steamboat and unload and ride Buffalo Pass. These are 10 minutes and 20-30 minutes from the Glen. The resort just put in a new Hot Tub and there are changing rooms. Working on getting the Bar and Restaurant opened back up.

Take a look at pictures online

http://www.glenedenresort.com/lost-dog-(sleeps-4).html

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
I always stay at rabbit ears motel in steamboat. You can't ride from there, but it's right in the middle if you want to ride buff pass or rabbit ears. It's also walking distance to downtown restaurants / bars if that matters to you. They always give me a discount and the longer I stay the cheaper it is. They also have lots of parking space and you can get a big trailer parked no problem .

T

Treerider1

Apr 27, 2014
I usually stay in Steamboat or Walden, and would like to learn more about the riding by Clark area. From my understanding you can ride from your door at SLO & Hahns Peak, but not Glen Eden? What is the riding like up there? similar to Buff pass I would imagine, or do you still ride to that area from up these lodges? How long is the trail ride to the technical off trail riding?

Always looking to ride new areas and try new lodging accommodations.

Thanks.

idareyou

Premium Member
Sep 9, 2001
Steamboat Springs
yes you can ride from slo or hans peak. glen eden requires about 5 minute trailer ride. You can not ride from there to buff pass. It has a variety of terrain to ride. Trail ride is 5 minutes or less if you want it to be or you can ride up into Wyoming.

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
The popular place to ride nearest to Steamboat Springs is Rabbit Ears pass, or Buff Pass. Little to chose from for lodging as far as ride from the cabin, but Steamboat and Kremmling are roughly a 30 minute ride. I don't mind either. Dealers in both towns, bars/restaurants in both towns. Much more to pick from in Steamboat as it is a ski town. Kremmling offers a little cheaper lodging in the hotel for snowmobilers. No matter what, have fun!!!

Premium Features