• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track damage

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Has anybody else had this happen? I thought over the last 2 seasons this damage was something I hit but upon further inspection the bolts for the extreme bumper are to long and hitting the track. Every single lug on both sides is the same. This sled is an LE so extreme bumper was installed at the factory. This really sucks knowing it was not me. Who thinks polaris should cover this?

Last edited:

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
D1WVmq.jpg
tQXzyb.jpg
E4flgn.jpg

Trying again

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
That sucks, I'm sure the dealer will tell me to pound sand. I thought the factory installed them, the dealer wont be able to absorb the cost of track replacement. Guess I need to figure out what all the dealer touches when buying a new sled, I have had issues before and it was dealer error. This is the main reason only I touch my stuff, then if there is a problem there is no one to blame but myself. So frustrating....

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Yes those go on at the dealer.

That's a 2017 correct? If it's been on the snow for 2 seasons, I think you'll have a tough time getting the dealer or Polaris to go for that....with the amount of time that's passed the bumper could have been on and off 100 times. Always worth asking tho.

FWIW....if they won't cover it, that damage probably won't affect the track much going forth.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Yes it's a 17, I can assure that the bumper has not been off but it would be my word against theirs. It's pointless to even ask, just pissed I didn't notice it sooner before it did that much damage. Like I mentioned I thought I had spun the track on a rock or something and doing pre season maintenance i seen where it was hitting that bolt. Oh well it's only money I guess.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Yes it's a 17, I can assure that the bumper has not been off but it would be my word against theirs. It's pointless to even ask, just pissed I didn't notice it sooner before it did that much damage. Like I mentioned I thought I had spun the track on a rock or something and doing pre season maintenance i seen where it was hitting that bolt. Oh well it's only money I guess.
I don't doubt what you're saying....just thinking the timeline makes it tough on the other end.

I definitely wouldn't replace the track just for the sake of that damage...just run it if you can't get it covered.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I'm definitely going to run it and not bother even asking the dealer. If it were a factory mistake I would have probably tried.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Keep an eye on the for sale tracks in the swap meet section. If you find a track in the size of yours in decent condition and price, buy it and store it for when you trade in or sell your sled. Just a thought.

Premium Features