• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any recommendations for handle bars

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
I have a 2013 Pro RMK (rode for 3 years) and a 2018 AXYS. (rode 400 miles last season) Both have the high protaper bars. I know I'd like them 1 1/2 to 2" lower but I think the backwards sweep is part of what i don't like also. I'm just not sure.

Any of you guys tried different bars? Any recommendations or thoughts?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
The Next Level Fly bars are a little shorter and have a little less pull back in them. I've run them on the last two sleds with good luck. If you do a search on here, there is thread with the break down on the their measurements and shows the difference between Fly bars and Pro Tapers.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have a 2013 Pro RMK (rode for 3 years) and a 2018 AXYS. (rode 400 miles last season) Both have the high protaper bars. I know I'd like them 1 1/2 to 2" lower but I think the backwards sweep is part of what i don't like also. I'm just not sure.

The pro bars and axys bars have different sweep.

Which one don’t you like?

I run the medium axys bars and like them much better than the high pro bars.
Apples / oranges

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
The Next Level Fly bars are a little shorter and have a little less pull back in them. I've run them on the last two sleds with good luck. If you do a search on here, there is thread with the break down on the their measurements and shows the difference between Fly bars and Pro Tapers.

I second this. Have them on my ‘13 pro and absolutely love them.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Fly NXT LVL.

https://www.gobigparts.com/NXT-LVL-HANDLEBAR-FLY-RACING.html

18-95280.jpg

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO

Check out RSI

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
I took my stock bars and cut them 2" narrower and adjusted the lay in them and had them welded together. Couldn't believe the difference it made! I prepped everything and had it ready went to a welding shop and they did the welding for me. Bars are nice and straight, the narrower width makes it a little nicer on your shoulders and easy to dump the sled.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I took my stock bars and cut them 2" narrower and adjusted the lay in them and had them welded together. Couldn't believe the difference it made! I prepped everything and had it ready went to a welding shop and they did the welding for me. Bars are nice and straight, the narrower width makes it a little nicer on your shoulders and easy to dump the sled.

Just wait till that bar snaps off in your hand.

Tempered aluminum handlebars lose 70% of their strength when welded.
(That’s assuming they are 6061-T6)
If they are 7071 or 7075 they won’t even have that much strength.

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I think you would like Fabcraft bars. 5 degree pullback and 5 degree up angle. After 100's of trial and errors, these are the best angles they found.
I ran the pro tapers and they felt a little "off" if that makes sense. Fabcraft feels natural when you get on the sled.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
Sheetmetalfab Quote:
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" border="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by Elkaholic4life

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Apples / oranges

I don't like ether of them. I know they look a little different but feel the same to me. I just went and measured both because you got me thinking. I used a strait edge, protractor and tape measure.

Pro bars

7 5/8" high
OAL 30 1/2" wide
Between grips 19 3/4"
Up sweep 7 degrees
back sweep 13 degrees

Axys bars

7 3/8" high
OAL 30" wide
Between grips 19 1/2"
up sweep 5 degrees

Back sweep 13 degrees

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
I think you would like Fabcraft bars. 5 degree pullback and 5 degree up angle. After 100's of trial and errors, these are the best angles they found.
I ran the pro tapers and they felt a little "off" if that makes sense. Fabcraft feels natural when you get on the sled.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Do you really expect me to take advice from the resident jackass? :face-icon-small-ton
I looked them up. There website sucks and mostly disabled and I think there moving to a new shop.

Thanks you for the info and your input though

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Sheetmetalfab Quote:
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" border="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by Elkaholic4life

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Apples / oranges

I don't like ether of them. I know they look a little different but feel the same to me. I just went and measured both because you got me thinking. I used a strait edge, protractor and tape measure.

Pro bars

7 5/8" high
OAL 30 1/2" wide
Between grips 19 3/4"
Up sweep 7 degrees
back sweep 13 degrees

Axys bars

7 3/8" high
OAL 30" wide
Between grips 19 1/2"
up sweep 5 degrees

Back sweep 13 degrees

I didn’t realize they were such a close match.

It must be the 1” lower that works for me.

Maybe buy a bag of skillz to go with the bars. ????

Premium Features