• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Short draining battery on RT

G
Nov 26, 2007
Had trouble keeping charge on new battery I installed, found out by grounding my negetive wire I was getting spark (which means I had a short somewhere). Started pulling fuses and checking for spark on neg battery connection and found that the little 5 amp fuse labeled for the starter button was where the short was coming from. (NO electric start on machine) Just the prime button wich I don't use to prime any way. When I touch the neg to battery and I get the spark it does sound like it is trying to prime. Any body help out with this or had an experience to share, or just send it in to the shop to get my a hole reamed? Thanks.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
go ask on dootalk, much more info over there on these sleds, especially the Mach section, they have all kinds of fun with em.

YZ426F

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Alaska
Check your relays. I had one on mine stick and drain the battery. Not sure of the part# though as I had one in my tool box.

B
Jul 21, 2001
Regina, Canada
Just a wild guess, as I have never had this problem, could it be a failed relay, maybe welded/stuck in the "on" position,, I would try pulling/switching relays to see if anything looks fishy with a relay.

Premium Features