• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro belt drive gears on a 16 axys

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Just picked up my new to me 16 800. Its got the "geardown" running pro gears on the axys. Im wondering how big of a difference its made for people. Running a 3" 155 camoplast 7 tooth drivers antistab brand new engine clutches etc. Who sells the tool for changing belts on belt drive this one seems real tight to have to screw with in the bush without a proper tool.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Its a noticeable difference. It will help with the 3" track, I would keep it on there. Several options for the tool, but I've never used one. If you use the zip tie trick, even a new belt will go on with just minimal effort.

picture.php

Last edited:

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Appreciate the input havent seen this way before definitely have to try it!

Its pretty easy to install. Put the lower gear on first, but only about a 1/4" onto the shaft, then thread in the bolt enough to keep it from coming off. Then install the upper gear. If the belt is new, you may need to carefully pry up on it. If this is needed you can install a bolt into the shaft, then pry between the bolt and the gear and it will go right on.

Try it a few times in the shop :)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
There are tools available as well if you want to go that route.
Super simple to use in the field.

http://happyfacepp.com/polaris-quick-drive-pulley-install-tools/

Attention owners,
Polaris made a minor change to the ’14 & ’16 drive shafts which affects pulley install tools. Our tools are available in sets of two for use on top and bottom pulleys.
The changes in 2014’s only affected the top pulley tool. The change in 2016/17 affected the bottom tool.
If you need tools for both 2013, 2014/15 and 2016/17/18 sleds we offer them individually to complete your tool kit as needed.

14-studs.jpg

Premium Features