• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST FORUMS: New Servers !!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Right now we are trying to get the forums running on both sets of servers, one live, one in test mode. We are copying all of the database tables over onto the new servers right now.

R
Dec 5, 2007
www.snowandmud.com
I got a picture the other day..

rack.jpg

:D:D:D

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Sit down, shut up.
They know what they are doing.

We only need VideoChat, Malls, flashing-text and a VISA card-swipe machine.

/out.

MD.

ok...just kidding. ;-)

Setup the pages so that it doesn't load the full page everytime, top of the page and colors always remain the same including the Tracksusa banner ad. See this website for a hint. http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/index.php?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The new servers are installed and running a parallel copy of the forums all this week for testing.

We should shut down the old servers this weekend, and hopefully you will not notice when your on the new servers other than increased speed and the appearance of new features on your menu tree.

Brian

Lifetime Membership
Aug 17, 2009
Ogden, UT
You know, before Christopher and I showed up -- database errors were actually rampant (in fact, it was the top complaint on snowest -- people were LITERALLY getting database errors about every 4th or 5th click)..

Then a database error re-appears for a few minutes (after going for weeks without ever seeing one) and everyone freaks out and says how they wish we could go back to way things used to be.

Somehow I don't think you really mean it.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
same old SW?

You know that in firefox you can put folders of links in the toolbar? Instead of just a lot of individual links. Might clean it up for you. Also, it allows you to then open all the folder contents into tabs, too.

Just an FYI.

Sturgis Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2003
Sturgis, SD
You know, before Christopher and I showed up -- database errors were actually rampant (in fact, it was the top complaint on snowest -- people were LITERALLY getting database errors about every 4th or 5th click)..

Then a database error re-appears for a few minutes (after going for weeks without ever seeing one) and everyone freaks out and says how they wish we could go back to way things used to be.

Somehow I don't think you really mean it.

Would that be B & C Online whatever , LLC? and YES we do wish the forums would go back to what they used to be.

Premium Features