• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

G4 (2017) Track Replacement Options

A
I have a 2017, 154 x 3" with a missing lug (Cords Showing). Will it last? If I replace it, I don't want to put a $1600.00 stock track on it if it is not durable. Has anyone had any issues going back to a 3" pitch track? I understand I need to replace my drivers.

Missing Lug.jpg

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I have a 2017, 154 x 3" with a missing lug (Cords Showing). Will it last? If I replace it, I don't want to put a $1600.00 stock track on it if it is not durable. Has anyone had any issues going back to a 3" pitch track? I understand I need to replace my drivers.

that would make your sled heavier, lose traction and power and be the worse mode you could do, you have either hit something or over heated the track. Try a 2.5 in the same track or get the stock track again if you want three inch again.

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
Stock tracks, while work pretty good, do not hold up. I never go over 50km/h on trail and mine had cracks on the end of the rods after 1200 km of riding. I was originally looking at the new HD track Skidoo was going to bring out however it's not available.
I'm looking at the Conquer 280 or the X3, both of which are available through Skidoo however they are 2 times more there than one would pay at tracks USA. There are other options with great reviews if you're interested in a 2.6 inch paddle.

I just found a missing lug, and it tore the top ply off the track just like what's going to happen to track in the pics!:scared:

I have the same questions, what do I replace it with if the stock track doesn't hold up? Anyone get warranty?

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador

I'd run it.

But if you had to change it, i'd change the drivers and go with a challenger extreme 2.5 or 3 inch.

J
Dec 20, 2012
Dillon, MT
2017 154

I've been banging my head on the net looking at this topic, the camso conquer 280 is about the ONLY aftermarket choice I can find that gets me as close to 3" paddles and has 3.5 pitch. The thing that makes you wonder if it will perform as well is that it's a 15" wide track. Good luck on your decision.

R
Mar 21, 2014
Niagara Falls, NY
I've been banging my head on the net looking at this topic, the camso conquer 280 is about the ONLY aftermarket choice I can find that gets me as close to 3" paddles and has 3.5 pitch. The thing that makes you wonder if it will perform as well is that it's a 15" wide track. Good luck on your decision.
From what I saw it is only offered in a 3 pitch 153, 156, and 162 so you would have to swap drivers and possibly rails!

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
The Conquer 280 comes in a 165"x15" with 2.8" paddles and 3.5" pitch. Mine just showed up yesterday and when I get my sled back from the dealer with it's new motor I will be doing the swap.
As you can see, the 3" track is apparently not the only problem with the Gen4.

Premium Features