• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raptor kinetic ?

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Anyone have comparisons between Kinetic and standard? I have ran the standard raptors for three years and am trying to decide which to get next. Anyone ride them side by side? Just want to find out if it's worth the extra cash...

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I had the standard raptor shocks on my 14 for 2 years, then had them rebuilt and some work done to them so they fit my 16 axys for 3 years. I old style are stiff/soft all the way depends on how you set them. The new kinetic series are soft in the ride zone but done bottom out like a soft shock. And That makes the sled less effort to get on a edge.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
16 axys 163 here with Raptor Kinetic triple rate spring. I also found the stock settings to offer to much sag on the RTS. Original setting was 10.5" length. I adjusted it to 9.5", felt that was to stiff, but it sure sat up high. I have turned it down to 10" and so far I like that and will probably leave it there. It has the quick cam adjustment so if I need to I can turn it up easily in 1/4" increments.

These shocks are the real deal. and ride VERY plush and you can launch the sled and it hasn't bottomed on me yet. (I believe this is due to the internal Bypass and valving correct for my weight. 190lbs with no clothes on) Highest setting I've used is 5 clicks out of 20 on the dampening. I haven't played around with the rebound yet.

FTS is set at 8.5" right now, but I will be setting to 8.0" FTS length to get some more ski lift and playfulness out of it. I am turbo too.

If you haven't rode these to compare the difference, I highly suggest you do. I had stock walker clicker 1/2" style, so non needles and they are WAY better than those.

Also, I can say they are a better riding shock than the needle walker clickers on my 15 SBA.

Sorry for typing a book, shock talk excites me. :):)

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Anyone have comparisons between Kinetic and standard? I have ran the standard raptors for three years and am trying to decide which to get next. Anyone ride them side by side? Just want to find out if it's worth the extra cash...

Have the standards on my 18 and Kinects on my 19, both with he Raptor 37R front.

Kinetics are that much better! Love everything about them, do not get em wrong the standards are amazing and are a big upgrade but the Kinetics are much more plush for the side to side transfer but have the bottom out resistance that you need. Really are the best of both worlds Air/Spring!

Premium Features