• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 boondocker kit run problems

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
Well guys we were out riding with some of our guys showing them how the turbo works, it is way better than last years kit, But we had some problems, When you would take off it would pop and then rev up again could it be just hitting the rev limiter? if you are driving mid range and pin it it works awesome, I seen the rpm was hitting 8450 sometimes, But then we were playin on a cornic and kinda tipped it on its side now it acts like it is starving for gasm if you go down the trail you can hold it wide open and only get 6000 rpm, if you work the throttle back and forth alot you can get it to get going better sometimes, we had right at 220 miles on the kit when started doing this Thank you

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
Have you check for boost leaks? Like a cracked air box/charge tube or exhaust pipe. I know from experience turbo 2 strokes act really weird when the pipe cracks. You might want to inspect the pipe.That would be where I would start.

Any engine lights? Also check your Exhaust valves to make sure they are moving in and out. Make sure the lines are clear from the valves to the Polaris solenoid and from the solenoid out to atmosphere.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Are you using their 70# weights and new helix? Or the old 68# 42 helix?

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
You didn't by any chance mess with electrical. There is a connector that hooks into the boost accuator that has a metal clip on it. And another wire that hooks into the aux injectors with the same metal clip. Both are the same connector and if hooked up wrong will flood the engine like described.

B

BDTURBO

Oct 15, 2008
There are a couple of different scenarios that could be causing problems

The first is a fuel pick-up issue. We have found that at around ¼ of a tank some Pro-RMK’s will sputter and pop. This problem seems to be more apparent while on an incline and when the engine is under full load at full throttle.

The second possibility is that the machine is over-revving and hitting the rev limiter. The rev limiter on the machine is at 8500 rpms and we have found that the tachometer doesn’t always keep up with the engine, so if your tach is showing 8450 rpms it’s likely that the machine is running at 8500 rpms and hitting the rev limiter.
We have found that the 2012 kits are building more power so rpm’s are higher. This over-rev condition can be fixed with clutching or by lowering boost.

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
sled

i will agree that the first day two days it was overrevving and needs clutching but now it just acts like it is running on one cylinder Thank you

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
had similar condition when intercooler came loose on mine. thought i fried a hole but after looking really close i could see my intercooler was not seated on the tb anymore on one side

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
sled with boondocker

took out exhaust valves pistons look great, looked in and intercooler looks mounted in yet, compression shows 100 with our tester, its just like someone put a rag in the exhaust just stays at 6000rpm if you keep it pinnned

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
boondocker turbo

decided to pull the intercooler the harness that plugs in between the injector harnes above the throttle bodies has a yello wire on it that is rubbed into the intercooler would this cause my issue???

It ran awesome until i had 250 miles on it

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Did you see the video where the steering shaft can come into contact with intercooler. Is it possible that it took a hit and cracked.

Y

YamYboy

Apr 6, 2009
SC Wisconsin
I had this issue with my non turbo pro last year u would only rev to 6000
rpm and just bogged like crazy. I changed plugs it was better but didnt solve the issue with it tuened out to be a bad spark plug cap. Check the plugs it dont always blame the turbo first!

Premium Features