• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OVS tial kit

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
I did a OVS tail kit this year and very happy with it it seams to be a little bit better on the bottom end than my push but I have my pipe wrapped on it. I did remove the clamp in the Y after it broke my Y I think its a little ridged. I also had to change the Exhaust on it after riding all day my ears were ringing so I did a tunnel dump on it also. When we first put it together we did an 09 head on it and on my push I put an RKT Turbo head. I have never had a Octane code come up on my push but my ovs did so I put a RKT turbo head on and no more codes. I also replaced the filter with the cage style.

I have to tell you I can not tell you how much I love this sled because I put it on a 162 and its just not as fun to ride. So we are putting 153 under it right now and the I can ride it more. But as far as the tial and fit and finish it is a home run also.

attachment.php

TD OVS 001.jpg TD OVS 002.jpg

Last edited:

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Kevin are you using the Boondocker mufflers when you do these tunnel dumps? And are they direct bolt ons? I am asking if the turbos sit in exactly the same place so the mufflers would align and exit the same as they do on a Boondocker kit. I too am wondering about using some of these other set ups but the loud exhaust has to go.

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
Be careful the small muffler that BD restricts the exhaust flow and will cause problems. When doing a tunnel dump make sure you don't restrict the exhaust with small pipe like 2-2.25 ID. This has been tested and the sled with the tunnel dump gives up a lot of speed going up the hill.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Be careful the small muffler that BD restricts the exhaust flow and will cause problems. When doing a tunnel dump make sure you don't restrict the exhaust with small pipe like 2-2.25 ID. This has been tested and the sled with the tunnel dump gives up a lot of speed going up the hill.

what options are available for your turbo kits. The only ones I have seen and ridden are the side panel exit which I don't have a problem with but would like a quieter set up.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
dump

I agree with PLT on this and we did not neck it down I am working on a 3 in peace I think the one in the pics are just a little over 2.5

S

summit-x

Mar 3, 2008
Central,ND
all i know is ovs side dump exhaust is loud and i love it!! but kevin im new to this turbo thing so what does the TIAL kit different then the normal one? what does it do or add etc

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Tial

Fist thing is that is has an external wast gate which makes it more efficient spools faster and more HP. Not to mention the other options like a billet wheel intake option to change compressor I have one on my push and it is the stuff. I was not sure until had to replace it with regular one and you can tell.

OK that is the performance part of it. we spend thousands of $$ on our sleds and it has always drove me nuts to bolts something on that is going to rust and look like crap in a month or two. I have coated and painted the garrets and they still rust inside and out. The tial does not and look awesome I will not have to take it off after the year and sand blast it to make it look decent.

So in short a turbo kit is a turbo kit they all work now what we need to do is make them better looking and improve the little things.

all i know is ovs side dump exhaust is loud and i love it!! but kevin im new to this turbo thing so what does the TIAL kit different then the normal one? what does it do or add etc

ACTM7

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2008
162-153

I Have my turbo on 153 thought maybe going to 162, you are going other way ,would like to hear before and after .

J

jaxondean

Jan 20, 2010
I Have my turbo on 153 thought maybe going to 162, you are going other way ,would like to hear before and after .
Me too, I ride only on long tracks, and often wonder if when I go to a turbo kit if the extra track is needed. I thought even longer would be a plus. Is it a manoverability thing or track speed thing?

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
162 to 153

I rode a boosted 162 all year, I just bought a 153 and I'm in the process of boosting it. I should know which one is better in a few days, I'll let you know. I may have a 153 track and rails for sale!

Premium Features