• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat Clutch, Bad Roller = New Clutch??? Maybe Someone Knows.

never_summer_ind

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Parkman, Wy
I have a bad roller on my 2007 four weight clutch. I know I have to get a new three weight with the four being obsolete, but if I buy used can I get anything (i.e. rollers, spiders) for it? Arctic Cat has no part numbers for the spiders anymore and I've heard that's there's a legal reason why. Does anyone know or can point me in the right direction. Anything would be more than what I know right now. Thanks.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
You can get an aftermarket billet spider.

someone will post the supplier here. If I find it I will post but someone will remember who off the top of their head.

Thunder

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Find a 3 post and save your 4 for spare parts.
They can be rebuilt if you have a grunt tool and solid bench to remove the spider.
Luckily for me my pa's 1150 eats spiders... Even billet ones.
We rebuilt my 3 Cam M1000 clutch end of last year. (flat roller and weight)
I have about 200 miles on it since then and it is holding up just fine.

never_summer_ind

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Parkman, Wy
Thanks!

Thanks for all the help. I have all the tools for a three weight clutch to take the spider off, but I don't have all the tool for a four weight. I don't even know if the dealer would have one since they were only out for year. I guess I could build one.

never_summer_ind

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Parkman, Wy
Find a 3 post and save your 4 for spare parts.
They can be rebuilt if you have a grunt tool and solid bench to remove the spider.
Luckily for me my pa's 1150 eats spiders... Even billet ones.
We rebuilt my 3 Cam M1000 clutch end of last year. (flat roller and weight)
I have about 200 miles on it since then and it is holding up just fine.

How much was your three weight spider? I think I have a three weight found with two bad rollers for thirty buck and shipping.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
How much was your three weight spider? I think I have a three weight found with two bad rollers for thirty buck and shipping.

I hate to give you an opinion again but...

I wouldn't try and rebuild the spider. I haven't had the best luck doing this. They tend to want to crack in the center after being removed. I think I paid around $125 for the last one I bought.

If you do try it. Make sure you get ALL the old loctite out and then put plenty back on. Don't go cheep on the loctite.

Good luck.

Thunder

Premium Features