• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 silber with vipec

"Back in Black"

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2008
Aberdeen, Id
Hey guys, Just wanted to get on and give you my experience. Started with the silber/bullydog setup had the bog when chopping throttle threw trees, and when sled is under load in good snow. Waited a while for a fix but haven't heard anything from anyone on what to do. This last week our home riding area was getting pounded with snow. I didn't want to deal with the bog anymore. I called Brycter at turbo performance down in ogden to do a vipec system on the silber. I talked to him at 8pm Wednesday night and was there at his shop at 9am Thursday(luckily only 2 hrs from him). The install went very smooth and he was great at explaining everything to me on the vipec. Then Friday morning was up in island park Brycter remoted in on my computer and we started tuning by 11 we had a close map I went riding that day and sled ran good but needed a little more tuning. So Brycter got up and started helping me tune at 7:30 in the morning so we could get it dialed before my crew was ready to ride for the day by 10 we had the thing ripping. Went riding Saturday and sunday in 2 to 3 ft of fresh powder and the thing didn't miss a beat, the most fun I've had all season. Just wanted to get on and give my experience with switching to the vipec and give a shout out to Brycter and say thanks man the sled is awesome.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Thanks for the review! Was there any "extra wiring" you had to do on your vipec upgrade on your 14' kit? Or was it just plug n play and used the existing silber 3 bar map sensor and larger fuel injectors? I am sure you had to maybe wire in an AFR gauge. I may have to go this route if they don't have a fix for the BD somewhat soon... Kinda kicking myself for going the silber route again after my previous experience with them... But at least the hardware of the silber is good, just needs a real tuning device. Just wish I didn't have to drop another $2500 to make my $5000 turbo kit run the way it was advertised.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Yes there is some extra wiring. A different mapp sensor, install the stock one back into the original plug. Used the big injectors and wired in the AFR to the vipec. Super simple install.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks Tyson, glad it worked great. I here there is some vids of it also. :face-icon-small-ton

"Back in Black"

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2008
Aberdeen, Id
To do the vipec it needed a wire harness that Brycter already had made up it uses the stock plug ins that go to the stock ecu but you have to add like 7 wires to the stock plug ins some get spliced in to existing wires some go into plug ins that are empty. Then we added an external fuel regulator. As for the silber 3 bar map sensor we didn't use it, went back to stock sensor to use for outside tempature, and added a different baro sensor that connects to the a boost line. Then tied in to the afr gauge. What we did is where the silber 3 bar map sensor went into the silicone tube we made a fitting to then use to run a boost line to VDO boost gauge. Hope this helps maybe Brycter sometime will come on and he can elaborate more.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Yes there is some extra wiring. A different mapp sensor, install the stock one back into the original plug. Used the big injectors and wired in the AFR to the vipec. Super simple install.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks Tyson, glad it worked great. I here there is some vids of it also. :face-icon-small-ton

Do you prefer a 2 injector (new Silber) or 4 injector (old Silber) ?
Does one seem to work better than other ?
When converting over to a Vipec .
Thanks

D
Nov 26, 2009
malad Idaho
Got to give Bryce props on his vipec ecu. These things are amazing everyone I have seen him tune rips. The only thing I can't understand is why vipec won't help us skidoo guys out. It's hard to go ride with the vipec and they don't ever touch always spot on super jealous. It's time for all of Bryce's nut swingers to come out give him credit for the smile he gave u after he tuned ur sled anyone with a Polaris turbo should have this product :

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
No I don't care. 2 injectors are easier to put together. On my turbo performance turbo kits I still use the secondaries.

I still like the idea of fuel/oil mixture running through the reeds and bottom end.
It's gotta help some.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
I still like the idea of fuel/oil mixture running through the reeds and bottom end.
It's gotta help some.

TurboMatt, take a look at HM turbos reeds stopper(included with his turbo kits and available retail also)...never ending up with busted reeds in 3 years.

Vi-pec Powersports

Premium Features