• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Polaris Pro-Ride front bumper from B&M Fabrications

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Hey Everyone so since this is one of our first real post on here, a little bit about us.. B&M is a small fab shop in Saint Paul, MN. Bryan and Myself (Mike). We build a lot of misc items for a variety of customers but our passion is snowmobiles. So here we are proud to announce our front bumper for the pro ride chassis. Some of you that were at HayDays might have seen us out there with them, but here it is.

DSC01532.jpg

DSC01535.jpg
DSC01535.jpg
ProRideFront1640x480.jpg

Built from 1/8" wall aluminum tube and tig welded. These bumpers address the weak mounting location of the factory bumper by bolting on to a stronger point. All hardware is included. This bumper is MUCH stronger than the factory piece, yet weak enough where it will not cause damage to the chassis in a minor hit.

Pricing and more info is available in the Swap Meet area. http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2837483#post2837483

Your input also is greatly appreciated on these as well!

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. We also have rear bumpers ready to ship, New post to follow this. Also running boards are in the works now!! (really stoked on these)
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=2837483

R

RockinMntKing

Dec 10, 2007
Wibur, WA
Hey like that front bumper alot, jumped on your website and checked out your rear bumper as well, but no pics of the running boards are these going to be like airframes and diamond s or like better boards? Would love to see another airframe style board out there and that would actually be avaliable. Probably be ordering both your bumpers job well done!

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Hey like that front bumper alot, jumped on your website and checked out your rear bumper as well, but no pics of the running boards are these going to be like airframes and diamond s or like better boards? Would love to see another airframe style board out there and that would actually be avaliable. Probably be ordering both your bumpers job well done!

Thanks! Running boards are getting the final touches this week Then pictures will be up. I didnt want to release pictures yet until they are finalized. We are gearing up to do a run of 12 sets or so next week and then see what we can do from there. All I can say about the boards is they will be tubular.... :face-icon-small-coo

We're going to do our best to stay on top of the forums. Ill add everything about the rear bumpers in a different thread monday evening. Bear with us as we have a crazy busy schedule and we do not want to get ahead of ourselves. Any questions feel free to call 612-202-9245. Bryan will answer or get back to you right away.

Thanks again,

Mike

C
Dec 23, 2008
I also Like the look a lot! not to big but sharp looking. I almost bought polaris front bumper cause i bent mine last year. glad i waited.... all be ordering both bumpers myself also! job well done keep up the good work cant wait to see the running boards!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Can you show some pix of the chasis attachment points?

You can see in picture two where it attaches and I assume it attaches in the front in the same location as all the others.

P

Powder Buster

Feb 3, 2009
Check out the web site. Great view of the entire front bumper installed without the hood. I'm looking forward to seeing what the boards look like.

PB

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
It attaches to a bolt on the outside of the chassis cross bar.
Ive already got one coming for my sled.
I bought the Polaris Extreme and mounted it on my sled.
Dang thing felt a piece of tinfoil on there. You can grab either side like you would to get it unstuck and it flexes up and down sideways. I think the stock bumper is stiffer than the Extreme.

I had a TCP on my 06. That thing was solid as a rock. Absolutely didn't move.
I'm hoping this bumper is pretty solid because i have a tendency to run things over. If its smaller than your wrist, PIN IT!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
It's not attached to the stock tabs.

I didn't say it was attached the he stock tabs, I said you can see where it's attached to the chassis which is clearly NOT the stock location and mentioned that it appears to attach to the same location as the stock for the front mounting point. Sorry I wasn't crystal clear, my bad.

mdbrown9

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2010
Victor, ID
Horizontal rear bar

Cool. The horizontal bar (as seen on the web site) crosses under the hood and connects to the opposite side of the bumper. Should add a lot of strength. This would be a good back up if the tab breaks and you need a bumper to get through the weekend / rest of the season. Welding that tab back on is a time sucker.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
You guys are correct, the horizontal bar at the back adds a lot of rigidity to the bumper. As far as the front mounting location, that remains attached to the factory's pinched tube. We did not want to make this mounting area any stronger. After all you do have to have some weak points built into the design. The last thing i would like to see see a destroyed chassis yet bumper still intact!

Now running boards... We have not nailed a exact price down yet. We've been busy ironing out our jigs for building these. I will have more details and pictures on these very soon and will start another thread. Trust me we are busting *** on them, but the last thing i want to go out is a sub par product. So give us a few more days on them and i will get the info to you guys!

Thanks everyone!

Mike

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
Thought I better say thanks. I ordered Mike's bumper thursday night. It showed up yesterday and I installed it last night. Super easy install and looks great. Thanks again.:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features