• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1000 TURBO RT

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
nice job! i like the colors. even got the cmx belt drive too. i like it.

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
also, the bridgers look nice in the background! gotta love MT

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
Thanks guy's, yeah it was for sale but I just needed to take a step back, I was fighting a head gasket problem that was very difficult, there ended up being a problem with the aftermarket domes that I had. A couple of thousands was the difference in blowing the head gasket or not. Hard to explain but all is well now spent another 6 grand on new mod's and I am very impressed with the performance gain. The turbo is a 2861-rs still running that set up. The track is working well so far not sure how long the paddles are going to last but I will let you know at the end of the season also it was a pain to make fit but after two sets of drivers I got it to fit but its close. I am running hyper fax and scratchers too. I pre mixed the sled this year also!

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
when you gonna put a real turbo on that thing?? 2871 min.. 3071 will blow your mind.

shes lookin sexy. saw it out at dobeck last week and was wondering when it was gonna come back to life.

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
Just let me know when you want to go ride, we will line them up my sled VS your BBQ!! Do you still need 7 belts just to make it to the hill?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
haha.. nope.. only on my 2nd one this season.. and i have definately abused them.. had some snow injestion issues... burned a lot of bbq gas so far and I have 3+ good months of riding left

im betting yours will smoke mine right now in any deep snow.. minor track upgrades, you know what mine looks like, it likes hardpack. I would like to get out and see how that sucker runs.

Dont know what the snow in the roots is lookin like, but I would like to get out there and try em side by side this winter.

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
Yeah for sure, we are going to turbo days in lolo if you and josh want to go. Either way we will get out Chris is putting his kit together on his xp as we speak so we will be doing a lot of tuning rides up north meadow ill give you a call.

A

Aerocharger_Brad

Jun 28, 2010
www.aerocharger.com
I want to come play!! I got the E-Tec at 10psi with a team. Runs better then we she was at 5.5psi. We will be at turbo days as well. You are talking about the event HM turbos is putting on right? I might even cook some Bar-B-Que.....I mean the kind you eat. Fat guys can cook! What kind of air box are you running? I found one missing from inventory!

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
Ha, I think I remember trading you two Arbys roast beef sandwiches for it!! Thanks for your help brad the airbox is working great your Engineering and professionalism is setting a very high benchmark in the turbo world thanks again.

Last edited:
J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
when you gonna put a real turbo on that thing?? 2871 min.. 3071 will blow your mind.

shes lookin sexy. saw it out at dobeck last week and was wondering when it was gonna come back to life.

I would agree with this. Had a 2871 on my 900 last year and a 3071 on it this year. World of difference with the 3071 being better in every way

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
Apparently you guy's have never looked at a flow chart or turbo efficiency map. Anyone ever done a flow test on your motor, I have and the 2861 or 71 is the perfect turbo for this sled.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Yeh!

Apparently my 66 is too big as far as what the calculation says, but that 53 it said I should run doesn't even compare. And don't give me that whole, "You didn't have it set up properly" reply! LOL

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Apparently you guy's have never looked at a flow chart or turbo efficiency map. Anyone ever done a flow test on your motor, I have and the 2861 or 71 is the perfect turbo for this sled.
those are all based off 4 stroke systems... turbo 2 strokes LOVE huge compressor sides. As you know they are infinately different animals then 4 bangers when boosted. just keep adding air and you will keep getting more power. Also, im pretty sure anyone running a turbo m1k(much more commonly turbo'd then the RT) will recomend at LEAST a 2871, mostly a 3071...

i dont care what the math or numbers say on it.. ride it with a bigger turbo, it will make you a beleiver in about 1 whack of the throttle. i would buy your big turbo from you if you still think it doesnt run way better then your 61.

Premium Features