• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1000 SDI Turbo, Lives Again!!!!!

A
JUst got the news the track is a wash, there having high's in the +12's and then rain for 3 days,It will have to go back on the tar.

Yes the Dobek works great I have played with a few my self with good results.

Enjoy the rest of you season.

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
thats no good it never fails somethings always in the way let me know if you get to test it

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
i cant keep the inner o ring head gasket in my sled any help would be appreciated. "boost is at seven pounds and i just had my head and cylinders re surfaced"

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
bummer.. sounds like that is really getting to be a nagging problem!! otherwise it was a pretty impressive little toy. I want to go and ride with you again now that I got my belt issue and some more fueling dialed in... the attack 20 also really is liking the spring snow!

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
yeah i ordered some arp studs and some cometic viton o rings hopefully that will fix the issue very frustrated with this five dollar problem i can get about two days of riding until they leak i hope to get out a few more times what do you have for a fuel controller

G
Apr 23, 2008
Inner or ring failures are due to leanout and deto issues.

reduce your compression
increase your squish clearance
lock the raves open
reduce midrange timing 4-6 degrees
install a larger turbo
br10ecs ( any ecs plug will run quite cooler and reduce preignition )
Any of these will curtail your issue, good luck

I use stock rings without issue even at 30 psi,, just get rid of the cause and your good to go.
gus

I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
compression is 120 squish is 110 running 110 octane 7 pounds of boost not sure that it is lean since i am fouling plugs now and then also detonation is easy to spot and ive had my head off 9 times in the last month no sings of detonation if it was detonating that hard it would be noticeable, on the rave valves i disagree with you worst performing sled ive ever ridden when i tried that,bigger turbo not the answer more boost not the answer.efficiency thats the answer show me a video of your 30 psi RT and i will start over not trying to be a *** but there are alot of turbo kits out there and they all are having problems

L

Little Eddy

Nov 30, 2007
Lashburn , Sask
Inkedrider, it would seem to me that when someone offers you free advise on a problem that you are having, that if you don't like or agree with said advise, you can just ignore it and continue on without replying with smart a$$ posts like the one above . There was no criticism in Gus's post and no need for you to take offense.

A
Just a question for you, have you checked that head and mono cylinder to see if it straight, we ran into that problem a few years ago with some of the polaris twins.

Is it always in the same spot,

We have many runs at the track as well as 40+ on the dyno with this 1240 at 13 Ibs and have not any issues with head sealing,we are just starting to see a little seepage at the base gasket bur only enough to say you can see it.

You are most likely running into the same problem we have been having and that's the pipe bottling up and choking the engine.We were planning on getting onto this sled with a brand new pipe but other turbo projects have stalled that for now.

I would be interested in your answers.

Cliff Yeatman
Advanced Dyno

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
On the rollercoaster again I see Gus. First you are done with the forums and now when it suits you, here you are a premiem member pushing your product and posting in every turbo post to be "helpfull" and then you pop again. So what if the guy thinks something different. Maybe it was just said wrong?? You know these things are tough to diagnose unless you have the sled in your hands. You know this combo of engine and turbo have issues. You come on here and make comments that you feel people should except as the gosple and when they don't they are the ****. If you truely what to be the Turbo Mesiha then maybe stop letting your emotions run your mouth. The comment you made has been made before by you, so we'll see.

sorry I tried to lend my 22 years of experieince to you..

Skidooin it,, thanks but never again.

Gus

Last edited by a moderator:
I

INKEDRIDER

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 24, 2009
wow, some sensitive people on here didn't mean to offend you or say what you said was wrong just wanted to see if anyone was or has had this same problem, i don't know it all and neither does anyone on here the time i've have spent on this sled is endless the research into building turbo sleds is endless and always will be, he who says i have figured it all out will soon face a humbling day in the mountains, i always appreciate everyone's advice. the response i was looking for was here's my 30psi rt and then an reason why my parts aren't going to work, not just change everything and you will be fine, also what your changes will do different other than the obvious head gasket because i've tried some of the things on your list and they didn't work just looking for a more detailed response that's all

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I wouldn't take it personal, Gus has probably been off his meds. It's a great engine turboed. Some ways are just better than others.

wow, some sensitive people on here didn't mean to offend you or say what you said was wrong just wanted to see if anyone was or has had this same problem, i don't know it all and neither does anyone on here the time i've have spent on this sled is endless the research into building turbo sleds is endless and always will be, he who says i have figured it all out will soon face a humbling day in the mountains, i always appreciate everyone's advice. the response i was looking for was here's my 30psi rt and then an reason why my parts aren't going to work, not just change everything and you will be fine, also what your changes will do different other than the obvious head gasket because i've tried some of the things on your list and they didn't work just looking for a more detailed response that's all

Premium Features