• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'10-13 engine in 94 wedge

S

Skummit670monster

Jan 16, 2011
Great Falls MT
Hey fellas, did a search but didn't find anything. Well I can't break my self down to buy a new pro/assault chassis sled. Not for 12k+, Im in the process of buying a house. I know the rider forward is more beneficial than these older chassis, even for a 22 year old punk like this guy,but I love hanging with my buddies XM's and Xp's on my old iron. Even though it's quite fun, I feel that my XLT has out lived the famous rotax swap and could be updated to keep up with the EFI sleds. That and Im tired of jetting all the time with extreme elevation changes. It'd be better to find a complete wrecked doner sled but I could piece it together if I had to. My question is, with some stupidity and ingenuity, could a person swap in a complete CFI? 800 from a '10-13 into a wedge.... Also boost it. I don't see how it couldn't work if I had everything to do so but ya never know.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Anything is possible given enough time and money.

Things I seeing being issues will be airbox to steering clearance and also motor orientation... the new motors sit at a different angle (tipped) than the motors did in the Wedge chassis.

You can find 09/10 Dragon's pretty dang cheap and then spend your money on getting the motor right (IndyDan or the likes).

sled_guy

S

Skummit670monster

Jan 16, 2011
Great Falls MT
Thank you for the info. I had a hunch that the new motors sit at more of a slant. I heard that the dragon engines are kind of iffy to boost. I haven't done much research on them.

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
While i can appreciate your position and desire to keep the old iron...may i suggest something a bit different: buy a newer rolling chassis and install your older engine. I put a full mod 860 ultra engine in an 06 iq chassis and it gives turbo 8's a good run for their money. All for UNDER $3500 total invested, including rebuilding the ultra engine, and purchasing the 06 chassis.

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
^^ thats what I would do. I went a little extreme but I have had a 08 IQR since 09, has had many brands of race motors in it and now stuffing a 03 F7 EFI motor in with a 800BB on top. I got the complete motor for $1200 and scored the 800 top for $800. If there is any motor in my eyes out there that do well with boost is Poo and Cat, Cat seems to have the edge on lasting much longer tho, but dont fall apart like a Doo.
Ooorrr find a Boosted Apex/RX1 ton/Nytro haha slam that in the Wedge, loved ripping those besides feeling like a boat anchor in the air.

Premium Features