• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 gade turbo at sea level

J
Feb 17, 2013
just trying to dial in my 09 gade turbo at sea level have a bog on the bottom end seems like theres to much fuel as the thing stalled at the starting line when the light went green

anybody who turboed one at sea level would be appreciated as we need to show those cats!!

thanks

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
when the fuel controller lights goes into green mode it does this?

if so, reduce green mode down 1 light postion at a time until it runs properly.

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
I don't run at sea level, but for straight throttle stabbing, the low speed fuel screws made the most difference on mine. I'm running 3/4 out, w/ 340 mains and and still works great at 4000' base fuel around 4lbs. Not sure on my pilot jet size. Garret 2860 turbo.

What type of turbo? Garrett or Aero? If aero, could be vein adjustment moving to quickly as boost builds. I've got one aero turbo and I cannot get it to run worth a crap. One second runs great and then can't get it to move. I think it has more to do w/ the fuel contoller not seeing boost correctly more than the turbo, but it seems real sensitive to vein adjustments.

Also could be too strong of clutch engagement, but throttling up on the start should tell that. Most likely too rich right away. Start lowering fuel pressure and see if it cleans up. Then try fuel screws. At sea level, I can't imagine you need to mess w/ the pilots, especially for drag racing.

As a side note, depending on boost level you plan on running(8 or more), I would run fuel pressure off the pipe. Builds fuel pressure faster when transitioning to boost plus and allows you to lean your base jetting down to clean up bottom end. Typically 3-5 lbs more pressure under boost also depending on turbo sizing and plumbing.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
play with air screws. lean is out. in is richer. makes a major difference, even on my NA went from being doggy to snapping out of the hole with 2 turns.

sorry, assumed you had an etec based on the light setting comment you made.. no you cant put a fuel controller on it.

Premium Features