• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mount positions

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
Diggin the helmet mount and front bumper mount. I contemplated the rear bumper mount, but after seeing too much rear end in the vid I think it would only be worth it to have a tripod style mount to elevate it quite a bit higher and utilize the panoramic capability of the camera. The handlebar mount was trippy due to counter-steer. Pointed one way, going the other. Wasn't a bad perspective, but maybe chest mount is the way to go.

I am going to test out the suction mount on the gauges since it's a flat, sturdy surface and see how that holds up. I have had it mounted for a couple rides without the camera and had zero issues, but we'll see how it does with the camera hooked up. I would also like to put a mount right behind the seat and have the camera pointing backwards to get some footage. Just worried it would get kick at some point moving back and forth on the sled.

Last edited:
G

Goose Man

Feb 16, 2011
Dakota Dunes, SD
Ram Mount (www.ram-mount.com) makes a lot of different mounts for all types of equipment. Here is a photo of the mounts I purchased for a pair of Contour cameras I have.

I think you are right about the rear bumper cam. I'm going to try it elevated with the 18" flexible arm and see if that is a better perspective.

The Contour cameras can also be set to record in a more vertical format. I think that is a must for the rear bumper and it is also better for the helmet/goggle mount. It gives you a lot more vertical perspective and I just like the shots that include part of the sled along with the terrain.

Due to the excessive amount of snow we've received this year I haven't had a chance to give any of these mounts a test ride. End of the month I'm headed to Steamboat and the Snowies - footage to come!

Dakota-20111231-00209.jpg

Premium Features