• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

nytro boost limit question?

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
Can you run a nytro at 22lbs boost with just a headshim, bigger injectors, and straight 111 race gas. will the motor handle that or do you have to do the pistons and rods? I have heard of guys running that much without the pistons and rods, but those were just rumors.

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
Spend $1700 and buy the Rods and Pistons now or Pay $4500 later (not much later) for a new motor. The pistons are not really the issue it is the weak factory rods. Blow one of them up and it may go through your case.

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
The only rod I saw fail under extreme boost was a Carillo:p
I know two reputable boost companies have run well over 20 on OEM rods.
Seems the guys telling us to buy rods are the guys selling them:eek:
My motors are stock parts........just buy good fuel:beer;
RS

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
As Randy said its all in the fuel, tetonation causes stress on rods and bearings, if you don,t run good fuel it doesn,t matter which rods you have.

I have tracktek 111 fuel, will that do 22lbs boost? or do I need to bump it up a bit more and what can a guy run with AV gas?

T
Nov 27, 2007
Grande Prairie,AB
I think av is a no no and 111 is not enough. Most guys in the Grande Prairie to Edmonton area's are running c16 for that much boost!!!! You spent this much on a turbo, don't cheap out on fuel to keep it running. To many people think they can run a turbo on crappy fuel, when will they learn. If you can afford a turbo, you can afford the proper fuel !!!

W

woodies

I think av is a no no and 111 is not enough. Most guys in the Grande Prairie to Edmonton area's are running c16 for that much boost!!!! You spent this much on a turbo, don't cheap out on fuel to keep it running. To many people think they can run a turbo on crappy fuel, when will they learn. If you can afford a turbo, you can afford the proper fuel !!!

av gas is 100 octane low lead and fine for boost to 100 octane level of boost!and it is 100 octane garrenteed.i'll be running mine at 12 lbs no head shim on av gas,after all is a low flying craft anyway!and at 520 bucks for 210 liters of race gas which i would blend anyways wheres the savings?2.48 lts plus my o2 senscor burn out!

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
not on the nytro, just tork bolts 20 lbs back off 1/4 back to 20lbs, in the proper sequence then retork 180 degrees in proper sequence. you fuel needs depend on your elevation and compression.

This is going to sound pretty simple.
Can you explain why your fuel needs differ at different elevations?
I will be running 12 lbs boost this winter on a Nytro and was told I can safely run 91 octane or higher.
The sled is setup for 10000 ft, and most of my riding will be at 1800 ft.
What do you guys recommend for fuel requirements?

T
Nov 27, 2007
Grande Prairie,AB
This is going to sound pretty simple.
Can you explain why your fuel needs differ at different elevations?
I will be running 12 lbs boost this winter on a Nytro and was told I can safely run 91 octane or higher.
The sled is setup for 10000 ft, and most of my riding will be at 1800 ft.
What do you guys recommend for fuel requirements?

You can get away running lower octane fuel the higher up you go because of burn rates/and more or less air. As you know it's harder to breath up high. So you are burning more fuel compared to how much air you sled can suck in. I ride 4000-6000 ft and run 12 boost with 111 octane and premium mixed 50/50 and have had no problems. But to be honest I would only run straight premium if I had to borrow extra gas for the trip out. Even then I would run my sled easy on the way out. When the dealer tells you it's set up for 10000ft they mean that is what it's clutch for, you should clutch it properly for the elevation you really run it at. Performance gain will be way better. I would say at 1800ft you should at least run 111 race fuel. Install a a/f gauge and make sure the number stay below 13. Safe numbers are 11.5 to 12.5 just so you know. Then with that you can run diffrent fuel to learn what is safe and what is not. You could probably get away with premium if you don't hold it WOT all the time, otherwise it may go KABOOM!!!!!! Hope this helps.

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
Yes, I will have it clutched right for my normal elevation.
And I'm just trying to decide what A/F gauge I want to run.
Thanks for the reply.

Premium Features