• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ford F150 3.0 Powerstroke Diesel ???

the fix-it guy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
cottonwood,mn
My brother tried a set of timbres supports on his 3/4 Chevy. They worked fine in the summer, when winter rolled around and sub zero temps hit he couldn’t hardly drive down wash boarded gravel roads. The rubber was too stiff and when the axle hit the support it vibrated through the whole truck.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
The new high pressure injection diesels (2011+ GM and Ford, not sure about Ram) don't hardly smoke at all, even when deleted.

You may see a puff of smoke off the bottom end if conditions are just right but it will clean right up.

However, I have seen people with tunes made specifically to "roll coal" on those trucks and that is just dumb/wasteful/idiotic/irresponsible etc but even with those tunes it's still a FAR CRY away from older diesels.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The new high pressure injection diesels (2011+ GM and Ford, not sure about Ram) don't hardly smoke at all, even when deleted.

You may see a puff of smoke off the bottom end if conditions are just right but it will clean right up.

However, I have seen people with tunes made specifically to "roll coal" on those trucks and that is just dumb/wasteful/idiotic/irresponsible etc but even with those tunes it's still a FAR CRY away from older diesels.

Can't stop the bad actors.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
If it meant HIGHER MILAGE and LONGER ENGINE LIFE I would install the delete.

Good luck finding a shop that'll do that for you, as it would cost them $25K in fines if the feds found out. If you removed it, it'll cost you $2500 in fines.

Call Edge Products and ask them what happens when you violate federal emissions equipment laws. Short answer is $500,000 in fines.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Hmm thats funny the owner can do what he wants but shops CANT DO THE WORK but we can tell you how to GETERDONE.
Depends where u live.
Some places require an emissions test in order to buy new license tabs.
No pass = no tabs!
U can't even have a check engine light on!

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
And a delete with programing will up HP , torque ,MPG longevity .
The EPA and oil Co's are just reaching down your neck and ripping out your guts.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
A DPF and SCR delete and EGR block will add mileage (big time), engine and turbo life, and eliminate the issues and cost of DEF. You can delete and not blow coal or add big hp, that's up to you. But your warranty will be blown.

Some state patrols are now looking for the DEF tanks with the mirror - don't remove the tank itself if in doubt. If you live in an attainment area where you have to have your truck plugged in to get your plates, recognize they typically just check for engine codes/lights, and confirm it's a diesel and not a gasser, but check first. Can't speak to the east coast, no idea out there, anything is possible. It's getting harder, but it's not impossible - unless you own an L5P, but that will change eventually, too. How many L5P's are out of warranty from mileage - very few (100k warranty, only out two years).

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I'm not trying to be an arse, but I just want people to know that deleting/altering vehicle emissions is illegal. If you choose to do so, then fine, but just know there could be consequences.

Here a copy/paste straight from the EPA in regards to enforcement of the Clean Air Act. The link where I got this information: https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/air-enforcement

• Defeat devices. It is a violation of the CAA to manufacture, sell, or install a part for a motor vehicle that bypasses, defeats, or renders inoperative any emission control device. For example, computer software that alters diesel fuel injection timing is a defeat device. Defeat devices, which are often sold to enhance engine performance, work by disabling a vehicle's emission controls, causing air pollution. As a result of EPA enforcement, some of the largest manufacturers of defeat devices have agreed to pay penalties and stop the sale of defeat devices.
  • Tampering. The CAA prohibits anyone from tampering with an emission control device on a motor vehicle by removing it or making it inoperable prior to or after the sale or delivery to the buyer. A vehicle's emission control system is designed to limit emissions of harmful pollutants from vehicles or engines. EPA works with manufacturers to ensure that they design their components with tamper-proofing, addresses trade groups to educate mechanics about the importance of maintaining the emission control systems, and prosecutes cases where significant or imminent harm is occurring.
Now there are companies out there that do sell 50 state and specific California legal tuning devices.

A link to those that got busted for violating the CAA for the past 13 years: https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/clean-air-act-vehicle-and-engine-enforcement-case-resolutions

Last edited:

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Offroad only.
That's the "out" for liability of the manufacturer

Yep, I've seen tuners that had a statement(s) attached to them that basically stated that said "tuner" is intended for closed course competition use only and that use of said tuner by the consumer acknowledges that restriction.

Premium Features