• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Microsquirt 670 Turbo stock ignition curve?

YELLOW-FEVER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2009
Maine
Anyone ever map a Std non HO 670 ignition curve? I know the std and HO/X Summit 670 have different curves with huge differences in the midrange and I'm sure the Summit std 670s have different advances than the std flat land 670 as well but not sure just how much and where in the RPM band? I have an older Aerocharger kit on a flatland/foothill sled "not any mountains close to me :[" and have installed a Microsquirt with a missing tooth crank wheel and I'm ready to swap it over to the Microsquirt for ignition control and need a good base map to start with. I can build a map from scratch if I mark up the flywheel, but the thought of running it up on a stand to 8+ thousand RPM trying to get a reading is a little tricky to say the least. With the Microsquirt I can have the timing stock or slightly more advanced off boost to compensate for slightly lowered compression and also pull timing per lb of boost for long pulls. If we don't get more snow soon, this sucker is getting wheels and a radiator! :]

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
yup been there done that, I don't have the maps anymore. long past history. but I will look and see what I have. I can give you updated stuff but they are not the same as with the the rotory valves. do you have it ideling? what is your base advancement?

Have you tried to go 7-15-intepulate to 22 in mid range (About 6500) and then interpolate down to 18 degrees advanced and run it?

Last edited:

YELLOW-FEVER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2009
Maine
I am still running off carbs, power jets and stock ignition but have 2 injector bosses welded to the back of the airbox aimed direct at the carb throats. I am going to slowly implement the injection part but it is running pretty well off carbs according to my EGT, wideband, piston and plug readings so I wanted to start with ignition control vs fuel. Right now I have it set around .072 before TDC and I think stock is .076 so slightly less advance than stock base timing right now with stock CDI. If I had a stock base ignition map, I'm sure I could work from there. Just figured since people have been messing with the 670 for so long now, someone must have some numbers somewhere. The 7, 15, 22 and back down to 18 makes sense from what I understand about 2 stroke ignition timing. Did people used to run stock timing with a turbo 670 with stock compression on 100ll or did that get backed down some? I have the manual from First Choice Turbo for the Aerocharged 670 and it has base carb and clutching specs but says nothing about base timing. If I don't come up with much, I may just remove the belt, tie the vane controller wide open and mark up the flywheel with some numbers and try to get some readings with a timing light. may be a little sketchy, but without a base map, what else can you do? If you did happen to run across some info I would be most interested. Thank you very much for the reply :]

Premium Features