• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso anyone?

P
Jan 20, 2016
Anyone running one yet? We have one ready to go, just need some snow! Review coming soon.

Yeti is on the way and will have a full review of it as well.

Last edited:
M

more snow

Jan 8, 2008
Nampa, ID
Has there been anyone that has had a single chance to test ride this last season? Does anybody even know anyone that has? I would especially like to know how well it sidehills in hard snow?

wonderdummy

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2007
I will be riding it one in about 4 inches of snow tomorrow lol I'll let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
aa605e2b445d6f4b5cbcd07885fc961c.jpg

I've got one sitting on the show room. I do know it's a PITA to ride across a gravel parking lot.

wonderdummy

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2007
I rode mine on some icy snow yesterday. No real review barely any snow only rode for a couple of kms. Everything seemed to work ok. No pogo stick suspension like the one video on facebook hit a couple small bumps seemed ok. Front ski seemed to dart around but like I said hard icy snow not good for any snowbike ski, also stock forks, nothing done to stiffen them up which doesn't help either. As for the single rail seemed to lean over easier then my SX timbersled and seemed ok sidehilling the highway ditch. Waiting for some more snow to get my TS on the 500 and get them out at the same time. Doesn't look as walmart special in person everything looks well thought out like the brake and being able to adjust the chain. Plastic tunnel cover is nice light way to keep the snow off your back.
For the guy on budget I think they will be good especially for us guys in Canada.

SteepNdeep450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2014
Bozeman, MT
I'm excited to see some of you guys get out there and come back with some reviews. I spent some time looking at one at a shop mounted the other day. I think there are some cool ideas on it, apparently there's a way to change the shock position or something which will I'm guessing change ski pressure? Also that track looks mean ha. And I also cycled the suspension a couple times on the back and it seems to have slow dampening no pogo stick like others were thinking. Only thing I noticed on the KTM it was mounted to it had a real stink bug look to it so maybe someone needs to adjust the strut. Nice to have an adjustable one unlike the TS ones on some bikes...

R
Oct 22, 2016
Got to ride the Camso kit on Sunday and Monday and I'm actually really impressed. The ski handles the hard pack trail quite well, reasonably stable, and in the powder it has wicked track speed and climbs and sidehills with ease. We had wooped out sled trails to get to the meadows and my buddy ran his 450x pinned in 3rd across them and it took every bit of pounding you could give it. (he's a good mx racer). Thumbs up from us! Even the timbersledder with us said this one worked better than his.

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID
I am curious about the cost of a Camso kit? i can't find them online. Are they lighter then a timbersled? How about a Yeti? Whats so special about their track? Id like to see one in person but there are no dealers near me.

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
I am curious about the cost of a Camso kit? i can't find them online. Are they lighter then a timbersled? How about a Yeti? Whats so special about their track? Id like to see one in person but there are no dealers near me.

Any dealer that is a WPS dealer should be able to get you the kit. List price 4800.00. I dont see any replacement parts in the wps catolag. Wonder what happens when they break

U

UPsnowbiker

Oct 29, 2014
U.P. of Michigan
I don't think they could have made the tunnel any uglier. Who knows though, maybe it's the best bang for the buck out there. Very curious to hear rider reviews. The ski looks interesting.

R
Aug 3, 2016
They are not the prettiest that's for sure. Not the lightest either. But they are 129". Massive flotation, stiff aggressive lugs. A true 2.5" track. No lugs notched out for chain clearance. My opinion is, great bang for buck, super simple setup. 2-3hr install.

We are a dealer in Edmonton Canada. $5200 CAD, Includes fit kit. And we offer $195 install credit.

Kit comes with full manual with complete parts breakdown
Micro fiche with part numbers. Ordering replacement parts are simple. We fill out a form directly to camso and get deliver to our door.

A replacement fit kit to swap to different bike. Is $399. We fill out a form for what current fit kit is and what requested fit kit is and order it direct from camso.

Mike
Rapid revolutions.

M
Jan 14, 2004
They are fugly as hell but the fact that you can literally buy 2 for the price of one Yeti kit makes it pretty appealing specially for the first time buyer. I hope they work great because then everyone out there building kits will need to get a bit more competitive. I guess time will tell.

M5

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I haven't been out on mine yet but I have a tape and scale. The Camso kit is within 4-5 pounds of the 2015 137 Timbersled kit I have here. The track on the ground is identical. (about 46"). The 2.5" paddles go across the whole track. There for there is more paddle area in the snow on the Camso. The whole kit is about 2" shorter on the Camso. I'm inseam challenged and that is a good thing.

The approach angle on the Camso track is very similar to the 2015 Pro we have sitting around.

I haven't had it out yet, so I can't say if any of this makes any difference.

Premium Features