• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking to buy hold over 2015 8000

S

spiceyunicorn

Jun 20, 2010
NW, Iowa
fairly knowledgeable in motors im a flat lander get two maybe three trips out west a year.. break in procedure? i dont want to waist all 2 or 3 trips pu**y footing around and im a firm believer in setting wrings is by getting compression around wrings and seating the wrings not just by "spring tension"..... am i setting my self up for failure in the future buy riding it like i stole it out of the box?

L

leadfoot33

Aug 31, 2010
Prince George BC
well i usually let mine warm up a few times around the house and just let it warm up good before going riding and being gentle for the trail ride up after that giver (i dont hold it wide open for extended periods of time for the first tank) but thats just me make sure to mix ur first tank to (dealer should do this for you)
and all will be well. everyone has their own opinion on things i just like to be gentle for a little bit

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
fairly knowledgeable in motors im a flat lander get two maybe three trips out west a year.. break in procedure? i dont want to waist all 2 or 3 trips pu**y footing around and im a firm believer in setting wrings is by getting compression around wrings and seating the wrings not just by "spring tension"..... am i setting my self up for failure in the future buy riding it like i stole it out of the box?

I used the motoman break-in procedure - no reason you should be spending 2-3 trips 'breaking in' your sled.

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Lots of varied throttle should be used like mentioned above - short WOT pulls, stop let cool down, check for leaks and check belt a couple times, then ride it like you stole it. Cats are nice because the ECU doesn't restrict them at all.

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
Break in? i warm mine up and ride it normal. Do you break in your car?

On a serious note

I do 3 Heat cycles right once i get the sled or after a rebuild. Then i just ride normal, never any prolonged WOT pull (10-15 second max)

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
^ sounds like a salesman pitch especially with 1 post....however i will agree with that. they do have great prices but if you look around on craigslist in that area you will find year old sleds pretty cheap cause country cat wont take trade ins because they sell a hold over for the same price you would buy a used sled for causing the used market to be worthless. cant give away my 14.

S

spiceyunicorn

Jun 20, 2010
NW, Iowa
country cat is were im looking at getting it local dealer is same price for sleds with 2000 miles figured i could make the 3 hour drive for same price and brand new what elevation are they set up for at the factory we do all our riding in snowies or tog

R
Dec 7, 2015
^ sounds like a salesman pitch especially with 1 post....however i will agree with that. they do have great prices but if you look around on craigslist in that area you will find year old sleds pretty cheap cause country cat wont take trade ins because they sell a hold over for the same price you would buy a used sled for causing the used market to be worthless. cant give away my 14.

Nope, just lurking and was thinking of getting one there.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Any of you guys looking on the west coast check the Bellingham craigslist a place in Vancouver bc has 2 15 sno pro demo's with around 200 miles full warranty for $6800. On the west coast that's a SMOKIN' deal!. Think its called international motosports.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I have never heat cycled any of my sleds. I am a firm beleive of heat and pressure to seat the rings, not just heat.

Make sure your sled is good and warm (I don't mean letting it idle for forever) like a 2min idle warm up. Then drive the sled lie you are in a parking lot for 1-2 miles to bring the sled to operation temp, then just start hauling on it like you wod if the sled were broke in. Difference being to make you you vary throttle. Lots of Braaaps. I usually pick a wide open field and start by putting it to the bar for 1-2 second intervals. Then 5 second intervals, the 10-15 second intervals. Your engin should be broken in within 20 miles if you work the engine cylinder hatching properly.

Premium Features