• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revving out at 7,000rpm's

tdietzler

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2015
Larimore, ND
Up in Steamboat riding, I'm only getting 7,000rpms out my Boondocker assault and then it sounds like a bog. Up around 10,600 at 6-8lbs on 100LL fuel. Any suggestions on this? Checked the basic things, plugs and belt reflection. Visually everything looked pretty good.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Power valves sticking? That's right when they're supposed to open. Sounds like a lot of octane for 6-8lbs for that elevation, should be OK cutting it back to a couple gallons of av/tank @6-8lbs. More for insurance than anything at that point, certainly should not need 100%ll on that psi at that elevation.

tdietzler

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2015
Larimore, ND
boot slipped off of the Intercooler, easy fix thank god!

New problem: I turned the boost up to 10lbs and made a hard pull and after I let off it idled way down to 1100-1300 then it would shut off unless you feather the throttle.
It did this twice, then coasting downhill it's doing the same crap.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Not extremely familiar with the boondocker, any chance the fuel settings need to be tweaked on deceleration or lower rpm bands? Been a lot of years since I played with a boonie box, sorry I don't have much to offer...

tdietzler

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2015
Larimore, ND
Yeah I'm don't have the boonbox down 100% but pretty close. I've talked to a few ppl and they were thinking its a reed issue. Opening up fine on high Rpms but not closing for the idle rpms

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Yeah I'm don't have the boonbox down 100% but pretty close. I've talked to a few ppl and they were thinking its a reed issue. Opening up fine on high Rpms but not closing for the idle rpms

Or your leaning it out on the long pulls and then it won't idle. Dial it back down and ru 7-8 psi and see how it works.

Premium Features