• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coming from a Pro Turbo 163 3"

H
Feb 28, 2012
I am lined up to a snow check Axys 155 2.6"

Is it worth buying? Having a hard time deciding if I should buy it or not. I could do a lot with 13k and not sure buying a axys is a great idea especially when I am running 10lbs boost on a 163 3" Pro

klpilot

Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
seattle
That's like comparing apples to oranges... of course the 155 axys is worth buying, but it doesn't have 220 hp and a 163 3" track...i would assume someone on a turbo 163 3" would now which track is best for them and not rely on us? Not sure why you'd plan on snow check now...? that's a spring decision. Unless you mean you snow checked last spring and haven't paid for it?

Last edited:

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Buddy has a 12 Pro BD turbo at 8-10lbs, picked up a 155 2.6 base model on a Friday. By the end of the day Saturday he said he will never ride the Pro again, put it up for sale!

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
Spend some time on the new chassis and you won't go back. Axys makes the pro feel heavy, wide, and slow. I'm blown away how well the 155 2.6 works.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
74049e24697c81cbab1ccff428b8eb28.jpg

This thread needed pictures. :)

efe4a65b9cc4a607268a4a2bde890351.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Sitting here in Montana looking at bare ground, thanks for sharing, how is the sled working? I have the same one and don't know if we'll get enough snow to use it this season!!

P

purepolaris600

Aug 21, 2009
Elkader iowa
i would have to disagree about a stock axys being more fun to ride then a turbo pro at 10-11 lbs i am coming off a turbo pro running 11psi and got my new axys in october and yes it does handle better then the pro but i was supppeerr depressed when riding it. it was nothing like the turbo pro so i was trying to climb and play in the trees and kept finding myself stuck as i was trying to do the same stuff as with the turbo pro. but help is on the way turbo ordered for axys. if it were me and had to deciede turbo pro or new stock axys to ride for another year i would hands down pick turbo pro.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
i would have to disagree about a stock axys being more fun to ride then a turbo pro at 10-11 lbs i am coming off a turbo pro running 11psi and got my new axys in october and yes it does handle better then the pro but i was supppeerr depressed when riding it. it was nothing like the turbo pro so i was trying to climb and play in the trees and kept finding myself stuck as i was trying to do the same stuff as with the turbo pro. but help is on the way turbo ordered for axys. if it were me and had to deciede turbo pro or new stock axys to ride for another year i would hands down pick turbo pro.

I think for the average person, the Axys is just going to feel better due to the increased "dangleability"..hahahah. The sled feels lighter and is much easier to lay over due to the higher COG. A turbo sled of course is not in the same ball park as a stock Axys for climbing and smiles given but the Axys is much easier to ride than the Pro.

I am in the same boat with the turbo kit shipping Monday!

Premium Features