• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pro rmk silber turbo oil delete?

I
Jan 1, 2015
Hello all. Quick question regarding the oil delete kits for silber turbo on my 14 pro. I recently purchased this sled and noticed down by the oil tank and pump it was a little leaky. Before I bought it a buddy and I did some research and found that there are a couple minor things when it comes to the pump and tank as far as it leaking. I am just wondering if anyone has purchased the delete kit and if so are you satisfied? Is it worth the money? Or is it fine just running it the way it is?

B
Nov 12, 2013
I did the delete kit. IMO worth the money. Saves some weight and simplifies the system. One less component to fail on you and damage your turbo. If you have the old style kit with the journal bearing turbo, I dont think you are able to do the delete (contact Justin about this). If you have a kPa ball bearing turbo, youre good to go for the delete. It's relatively easy to install and can save you some headaches.

D

doobie

Oct 13, 2008
Cochrane ab
they work great. but $200 is steep for what it is. we now build our own. but again the silber delete does work great.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Regarding the use of the factory oil injection pump to lube the turbo - Is everyone(kit manufacturers) "dead heading" the oil flow at the turbo?

Even though the factory injection pump makes very little flow, you are still relying on the oil being forced past the shaft seals to bleed off the pressure. Doesn't seem like the best set up.........

Has anyone tried installing an appropriately sized relief valve(maybe set at 35 PSI-ish) on the turbo drain & then routing the return of the relief valve either into the intake or even back to the oil tank?

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
im not familiar with which oil delete your talking, but I bought the self lube turbo from him. no oil lines whatsoever. its exactly what I was looking for and waiting for.
yes you can run it the way it is, but for me I get stuck often and roll it out. oil gets everywhere. now its one less thing I have to keep track of oil level on.
im pretty sure they came out with an updated cap that solves the problem too?

my old cap (slightly modified)

tested proven dang near perfect

looks way cleaner

I was having leaking trouble with the cap on my '12 kit and upgraded to this selflube after burn down trying to tow a tm-1000 out on a 2' day.

Last edited:
P

purepolaris600

Aug 21, 2009
Elkader iowa
im not familiar with which oil delete your talking, but I bought the self lube turbo from him. no oil lines whatsoever. its exactly what I was looking for and waiting for.
yes you can run it the way it is, but for me I get stuck often and roll it out. oil gets everywhere. now its one less thing I have to keep track of oil level on.
im pretty sure they came out with an updated cap that solves the problem too?

my old cap (slightly modified)

tested proven dang near perfect

looks way cleaner

I was having leaking trouble with the cap on my '12 kit and upgraded to this selflube after burn down trying to tow a tm-1000 out on a 2' day.
Silber no longer has a seperate oil tank for turbo they run off of motor oil pump so No worry about oil spill.. The oil tank delete if you have a ball bearing turbo you get rid of the tank and run a oilline off motor oil pump to turbo Then is injected into compressor. No extra tank no spill no mess no need to worry about a extra oil pump just full your oil res. every morning like normal good to go.

Last edited:

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I'm installing an external gate now, don't see any return line to run back into the compressor.... Thought the non-axys Sleds were deadheaded. Could be wrong though....

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Regarding the use of the factory oil injection pump to lube the turbo - Is everyone(kit manufacturers) "dead heading" the oil flow at the turbo?

Even though the factory injection pump makes very little flow, you are still relying on the oil being forced past the shaft seals to bleed off the pressure. Doesn't seem like the best set up.........

Has anyone tried installing an appropriately sized relief valve(maybe set at 35 PSI-ish) on the turbo drain & then routing the return of the relief valve either into the intake or even back to the oil tank?

35 psi is enough for a journal bearing turbo. ball bearing turbos just need a very small steady drip of oil.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB

We also deadhead it

Can you comment on why "you" chose to dead head the lube circuit?

Premium Features