• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber External vs Internal

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
I am sure this has been brought up a couple of times before. Possibly thinking of dropping a Silber in the '14 Pro. I see a couple of Silber internal waste gates out there for sale for a killer deal. One question that is in back of my mind is it considerably noticeable on the bottom end between a internal waste gate and external waste gate. Not sure if anyone has gone from one kit to the other.

P

purepolaris600

Aug 21, 2009
Elkader iowa
I have road both I did not notice any difference whatsoever I am not shur but I think all the external wastegate does is a better job of controling boost creep. But I never had a problem with my internal wastegate. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong. I to would like to know for shur the diffrences.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
We ran one of his first external gated kits late into the spring and into the summer 2 seasons ago. The biggest gain we saw out of the hole was the kit provided smoother on/off throttle and was less prone to the spiking and smacking the rev limiter/det sensor when aggresively chopping the throttle in the trees.

The external gated kits seem to just have a much smoother overall powerband where the internal gated kits have more of an aggressive "hit". For the money the external gate kits with a reflashed ecu are the most rideable and reliable turbo sleds we have ever been around. No gauges, loan out to customers without worry kind of sleds.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
We ran one of his first external gated kits late into the spring and into the summer 2 seasons ago. The biggest gain we saw out of the hole was the kit provided smoother on/off throttle and was less prone to the spiking and smacking the rev limiter/det sensor when aggresively chopping the throttle in the trees.

The external gated kits seem to just have a much smoother overall powerband where the internal gated kits have more of an aggressive "hit". For the money the external gate kits with a reflashed ecu are the most rideable and reliable turbo sleds we have ever been around. No gauges, loan out to customers without worry kind of sleds.

A lot of people are saying the internal actually spool faster, would you agree?

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I don't think so. I think its a little smoother and might feel that way. When we lined our up the external got it out of the hole and stayed out front. It wasn't by a ton but it does seem to perform a little better.

G

gsxr1k2

Banned
Oct 21, 2010
Wyoming
I was able to get my Silber external wastegate on the snow this week. Out of all the sleds I own and rode, the Silber is the best turbo setup I've ever road!!

This sled rides like stock till the turbo lights and hang on! Ecm flash is tits!! Love this sled.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I was able to get my Silber external wastegate on the snow this week. Out of all the sleds I own and rode, the Silber is the best turbo setup I've ever road!!

This sled rides like stock till the turbo lights and hang on! Ecm flash is tits!! Love this sled.

What other turbo kits do you own or have ridden?

G

gsxr1k2

Banned
Oct 21, 2010
Wyoming
I currently have two aerocharger sleds, both pro rmk's and one Silber Rmk. I have also spent quite a bit of time on the Boondocker pro rmk setup. Also had a m7 with and aerocharger 66 series.

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
Ive had both, IceAge is correct way smother on off throttle response. The bigger noticeable difference will be the journal bearing set up to the ball bearing set up. If you already have Turbo sleds just get the new kit with the ext and dont look back. Its loads of fun never a issue true pull n go

Premium Features