• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CMXBX Photo Thread

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
M5- You asked the question why does CMX do it this way... and I answered.

The Gates PolyChain Carbon (Toothed) design manual (17595) warns against using backside-idlers with their toothed belts because of the damage they can cause to the belts...and that inside idlers are optimal according to gates. Mark at CMX has worked in close association with the designers at Gates for more than 10 years... This is WHY he chose the system design he did as his experience leads him down this path.

This is WHY CMX uses this design... I've talked at length with Mark about this over the years.

This has no bearing on why anyone else would do it any other way as this is a CMX thread.

The Gates design manual
I do have one question on the belt drive. Why run the belt outwards with the cogs over a smooth pulley rather than inwards on the back of the belt. It would make a more compact chaincase or use a cogged gear on the tensioner?

M5

M5... Backbending a belt is a "no no" according to gates.... that is why Mark builds his drive that way.

Hmmm. I'm not sure I'm buying that argument, the serpentine belt on my Duramax back bends all over the place. The Yeti kit does it backwards?

M5

Last edited:

dirtrebel

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Bozeman, MT
That Husky looks hot but where is your bike brah?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ya brah, where is ur bike?? (screech) I think I saw it (the bike) mounted in a press earlier? u might b a redneck if your kit is worth 10x your bike!!! (I'm a redneck and proud of it! btw) lol

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
Any guesses on weight of that 16 husky 450 with the kit installed and ready to ride??

I
Nov 6, 2015
I love the yellow on that kit mounted on that Husky! Wish I had that kit for my bike haha :smokin:

Oh well, I'm sticking with the old Timbersled kit for now.
I do have the Raptor X2 dual ski setup for my bike this year which I am anxious to try out though.

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Screech, I saw your bike at Mark's shop today. Stopped in as my wife and I were in Clyde Park visiting her folks. Have been driving by the shop for 4 years but finally worked out that someone was there AND I had time to stop. Ha.

Fun seeing the stacks of CMXBK parts as they get kits prepped and shipped and talking bikes with Mark and Mike. Saw some great and detailed pics as well. I didn't take any.

Will be great to get some seat time on one this winter though might be kind of dangerous for my pocketbook as I really need to wait at least one more year to upgrade kits but then hopefully bike, too. Every time I throw a leg over these newer kits and newer bikes, I get lusty. Ha.

Last edited:

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Got the 137" mounted back up and home.
Picture1121151519_1_zpsewfutpua.jpg

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
How are they doing the brakes, front lever or rear pedal?

Picture of the brake line looks pretty long!

Premium Features