• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to the turbo scene

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Well after all these years of wanting a turbo I bit the bullet and ordered my kit for the axys. Question is should I add anything else? Belt drive tensioner, vents, anti stab kit? It'll be on the 163 2.6 track. Maybe next year a new skid. Should I get an AF gauge? Just running the pump set up. Any input would be awesome!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Ride it first.

Really.

Wait to see how it feels.

Although, you don't know what you're missing until you see it in the catalog. LOL

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
Don't put any money into an A/F gauge. The new BD box controls all those variables so all you have to do is ride. I did run a belt tensioner on my turbo and it worked great. I'd concentrate on the handling once the turbo is done.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Like Scott said, maybe some ride time first.

Here is what I would do:

* send your shocks to Rogers in Cody. Have them install the TRS package. Huge bang for the buck.
* primary to Indy Specialties for prep work and possibly clutching set ups. Dan has some silky smooth turbo set ups.
* ARC if you are having ski lift problems.
* Burandt Frameless seat.... Save a little weight. I just had my stocker cut down.
* vents for cold air intake
* short running boards

For the most part that's my list... When I update sleds.

P

purepolaris600

Aug 21, 2009
Elkader iowa
in my opionion you dont need to do anything extra, yes upgrading shocks is a plus but you dont need vents or arc, i upgraded shocks to exits all around and also ran the arc last season and i really never needed to use arc, just the shocks alone keep the front down when climbing in deep pow, plus i was running 11 psi. if you want to spend money then i would put it in rear shocks but those other mods are not nessasary

Premium Features