• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which Track

E

Esh

Feb 5, 2014
Hello,

I have a 2015 Assault and I am throwing a turbo on this year. I have been searching for a while and haven't found a consensus. I am looking for input on which track to run.

I am in Alaska with lots of (well not lately) dry fluff and I plan on running a Silber kit. The stock 5.1 works fine for me now...will anything change with a turbo? Will the lugs fold over too easily?

I have been looking at using the stock track, doing the fbomb mod, and changing to a peak. Any input on these or other options is appreciated.

We sell a lot of the Challenger X3 tracks for the serious mountain rider with the Avid Drivers and have had great results from them. We actually still have several sets here in both 155 and 163 versions if you are interested. We use the Avid 7T Drivers so you do not need to do any modifications to your rails, and I have several of those here as well if you are interested. We have had great success with those, and they work better than the PEAK 2.5 in our testing. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Another thing you might consider is buying the new 2.6" or 3" track on the new 2016 sleds. Just an idea!

Daniel @ Carl's Cycle Sales

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
My opinion...
Forget about the Peak track. I run one for half a season and sold it.
The stock 5.1 outclimbed me everywhere with a rider with 60 lbs on me on stock to stock identical sleds. It seem to trench real bad climbing and couldn't get ontop of the snow. This was on a 2011 Pro 163".

Ended up installing a Boost-it Turbo w/a kit on my sled and ran it for 2 seasons with the 5.1. It did okay, but did fold the lugs over and spun alot in marginal snow conditions. I did trim the teeth off all lugs and it was a minor improvement.
The new 2.6 looks impressive and of course the camo extreme is a top track as well.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The peak rips in the harder wetter snow. its definitely a little stiff for super fluffy powder and trenches a bit.

IMO the tried and true camo 2.5 is a killer setup or a 3" setup flat gets it done when the snow is deeep

P

purepolaris600

Aug 21, 2009
Elkader iowa
I am running a 12 pro 28th silber turbo I installed the camo extreme last year in heavier snow it does amazing in the light fluff it does really good. I am very happy I went with that track it is a 2.5 but for a 155 it comes in a 153 3.0 pitch I threw some 7 tooth ainti ratchet drivers in and really only lost a quarter inch in over all track on the ground.

tdietzler

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2015
Larimore, ND
I put a BD turbo on my 14 assault and I felt like I had all the power in the world but I was greatly disappointed with the track. I'll be on a 174x3 this year with Kmod skid. Slight upgrade lol

E

Esh

Feb 5, 2014
I decided on the multi durometer peak 155. I didnt want to do the chaincase mod or a drop/roll. I got my first ride today running 7lbs and the track did great. As an unexpected benefit, It chopped and kicked up so much snow on the trail up the mountain that I did not drop my scratchers at all. Never got above 130.

It grabs hard and floats great. Very happy so far.

B

briand

Nov 27, 2007
Rolly View, Alberta, Canada
I have the peak 2.5 163 and as far as trenching I would have to say yes it does to a certain extent. Under about 8 pounds of boost it will trench but once you get up to 10 or over I feel the extra power tends to bend the paddles more to get you up on top of the snow. At 10 pounds and over trenching is greatly reduced. IMO anyways others may differ.

Premium Features