• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MotoTrax Snowbike kit

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
Last edited:
R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Can you give us some details on various aspects of your kit? Suspension, chaincase, brake scheme, track lengths, ski details.... info is good to have.

U

UPsnowbiker

Oct 29, 2014
U.P. of Michigan
Ok..I'll bite with the obvious question. Is this a budget friendly kit?

Yeti or no Yeti, Timbersled looks to have things dialed very well so I'm curious to learn more. I noticed there is a great deal of track and suspension compression in the video. Maybe that is part of the design.

Last edited:

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Nice , they keep getting better . Looks like this one was built with someone that has knowledge of how a bike suspension works and a tunnel that doesn't drag .

M
Jan 14, 2004
Looks like it uses the KTM rear bike shock. If it were me I'd want a bit longer tunnel for two reasons, not near as much roost down your neck and easier to lift. I like the simplicity of the construction kind of a TS/UFO cross. Hope it works out.

M5

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
Can you give us some details on various aspects of your kit? Suspension, chaincase, brake scheme, track lengths, ski details.... info is good to have.

Ill post a bit of info here but we will post the full product specs on our website in about a month when we get are new pre-production unit finished.

The suspension using a single shock and linkage with a ratio very similar to most new dirt bikes. This means rising rate. The shock is a custom built shock just for the application and has a piggy back and rebound and compression adjustability.

The track as you see is a 121 x 1.75 x 12 track but this will change between our mountain and trail models.

The ski is a modified sly dog ski, this also is changed from mountain or trail models.

Brake uses a floating twin piston brake caliper and 220mm brake disk.

The chain case uses sealed bearings everywhere as well as a secondary seals to make sure the water stays out (we found that water kills the bearings more than anything). Also the secondary drive is a hub not a shaft when make the chain VERY easy to adjust and allows full chain adjustment. The photos are of our second prototype and some of the chain case changed.

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
Ok..I'll bite with the obvious question. Is this a budget friendly kit?

Yeti or no Yeti, Timbersled looks to have things dialed very well so I'm curious to learn more. I noticed there is a great deal of track and suspension compression in the video. Maybe that is part of the design.

While we have not determined the final price yet we plan to be around $5,500 including a fit kit and free shipping. This is subject to change.

Also using the rising rate suspension the suspension movement is very high and provides a smooth ride. Also in the video the springs were a bit soft we have since used stiffer springs to increase the ride height. Lastly there is roughly 12" of vertical skid travel at the middle of the suspension.

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
Looks like it uses the KTM rear bike shock. If it were me I'd want a bit longer tunnel for two reasons, not near as much roost down your neck and easier to lift. I like the simplicity of the construction kind of a TS/UFO cross. Hope it works out.

M5

The shock was actually custom built for our application, the unit shown is our second prototype and does not show the new changes, the new one has a slightly longer tunnel as well as a snow flap integrated into the tunnel. The construction simplicity is something we have struggled with for years and this design was built to be extremely functional and provide simplicity in design. In fact once we launch our pre-production unit in about a month you will see that it is even simpler (A lot of small changes). The new chaincase is pretty nice as well as the new brake system (lower profile).

Oh and yes in the photo it does use the front caliper of the bike but we went away from that as it is a pain to make sure the brakes will function well bike to bike as well as made fit kits more expensive so we have decided to supply a caliper.

M

MotoTrax LLC

Mar 19, 2015
Spokane, WA
moto-trax.com
Hey all! We are giving you… a sneak peek of the final production unit! This should be finalized within the next week. We will keep you updated as to when it is finished and our website is updated with all the product specifications!

Sneak Peek.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Im really intruiged by that new suspension design, I would like to see more of it in motion, single shock units are a bit confusing to wrap your head around!

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
1.75" track? Welcome to 1998!!! I am getting a 2.5" 155 for my Timbersled next week. With TSS I'll have more travel too. I like your tunnel design though

Premium Features