• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys muffler on Pro RMK

N

NickeH

Mar 7, 2014
Been looking at 4-strokes lately since I would like a quieter sled.

Looking at youtube clips on axis-sleds the seem a lot quiter then the old ones.

I currently have a 2012 RMK assault, would it be possible to put the muffler from the Axys on that? I guess a lot of axys owner will swap to a lighter can. Is the Y-pipe different?

Anyone have an qualified guess?

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
Likely not going to work.

The axys mufflers spin and go vertically right off the y pipe where as the pro goes horizontal off the y pipe

Totally different configuration. Would take a lot of fab work. Not to mention I'm pretty sure the axys pipe would hit the hood on the pro. Causing other issues. I believe the hood is taller on the axys

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Been looking at 4-strokes lately since I would like a quieter sled.

Looking at youtube clips on axis-sleds the seem a lot quiter then the old ones.

I currently have a 2012 RMK assault, would it be possible to put the muffler from the Axys on that? I guess a lot of axys owner will swap to a lighter can. Is the Y-pipe different?

Anyone have an qualified guess?

I'm with you on quiet pipes. I got to ride the Axys Pro and it is nice and quiet.

I agree with Micky that it is unlikely to fit. It's really long vertically.

One thing you may try to quiet your assault is to replace the gryphon gaskets at y-pipe and pipe to muffler interface. Also, put exhaust temp rated silicone on your exhaust springs to eliminate rattle.

Do you still have foam under hood and side panels? Any holes cut in your panels for venting?

All the little things add up to make the sleds louder.

I'm with you, I like quiet.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I just put an SLP pipe on my AXSYS and I can tell you the stock cans got to be 20 pounds! and the SLP can that came with the pipe is pretty Quiet and boy did it wake that engine up!

Last edited:
Premium Features