• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alright...who plans on snowchecking????

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Anybody can say what they want on this form so to those that say they are waiting a year are probably the ones that can't afford a new sled at the drop of a hat,
Buyers that can afford the latest and greatest NEW Toys buy what they want when they want. ( Including Me )

So yes I am Snow Checking a new sled. :)

Sorry but not the case for me who will wait, no problem affording one if I felt it was the right move. I'll wait and see what shakes out for the 16 year before I purchase a new one, after all I did buy a new 15....paid cash by the way!

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
I don't see where a lot of the first year glitch fears are coming from. Chassis may be new but most other things are not. Electrical. Motor, Ect, ect are not

I'm still hoping for a 146 rmk. I'd love to see polaris go the other way and say you don't need to be long to have fun

If not I'm hoping the switchback gets a remodel and I will build it

Actually, the axys is almost all new. The bulkhead area is about the only thing the same. New tunnel, skid, a arms, spindles, motor, wiring, air intake, hood, panels, etc, etc. The sled is very, very much new. The motor was around on trail sleds this year, but this will be a first year application with the demands of deep snow at elevation.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Given the snow this year, and the competitive models, nothing sells like demo comparisons for a first year chassis and updated motor. Get the Axys on the snow back-to-back with 15 pros, XMs, Ms in the group. If the Axys is a marked improvement, it will be revealed immediately.

Doo did this with the 2003.5 Summit 800 in 2003, and Poo in 2010 with the 2011 Pro RMK. They were both probably the best selling first year mountain sleds the following year in the history of mountain sleds. They both made incredible gains in sales the next year. It just works. If the Axys is that much better, and is ready.

Poo tried to do it in a controlled manner in Jan., leveraging many members here with likely hand built models, not pre-production builds. Not a bad attempt, but this isn't a normal year, and the competitive sleds not exactly chumps like they were in 2011 (XP, M, and Nytro were all at or near the end of their lifecycles). I would suspect Poo didn't want to commit the resources for the limited build, and have already missed the chance. Que sera sera, sometimes the marketeers win, sometimes the accountants. How badly do you really want to compete?

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
This low snow year killed any chance I had of snowchecking. I haven't put 200 miles on so far this year. My wife isn't as nuts about this as I am so I shall have to wait. Ah well, I still love my '14 so it'll have to do for another year. I have the 4 year warranty so it's all good.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I'm in. That was the plan a year ago at this time and thats why I picked up a new 14 at the end of last year to ride this season while waiting for the new 16.

May end up keeping the 14 also if things go well. Eric

Y

yooper 8

Apr 14, 2008
Absolutely. Have 2100 miles on my 13 pro, and I have loved every minute on it. Putting it for sale in 2 weeks when I get back from colorado. Will be ordering 2 2016's. One 155, and one 163. Hopefully both will have 3" tracks right from Polaris! Hint, hint Polaris engineers.

SASKTOOLMAN

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2013
CANADA
Probably a 128" XRS and see what Doo does for '16 and pick the wife up a 146" summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
My dealer was telling me about some of the promotions they are giving to snowcheck, some cools things they are offering. Does anyone know what the total price is? Or what it was last year just for a ballpark number.

Jul 22, 2009
I've been a diehard Cat guy but when this sled was released I sold my sled and will be snow checking one. I take my hat off to Polaris for continuing to push the envelope. Just hoping it stays together well... and that a 3" track, extended warranty and powder coat option is available for the snow check.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
One thing I have really been wrestling with and really WORRIED about with this whole snowcheck thing and that is what dealer to buy from?

I live in a remote area of oregon and we have a polaris dealer here. Then there is a Carl's cycle in boise, cascade motor sports in Bend (both 3 hours away) and a few other dealers a little farther away. Now I am good friends with the owner of the dealership here and both of the guys that work in the shop. I love having a polaris dealer local for several reasons. I like being able to run down and grab a part or two and saving a weekend ride and it's nice to be able to go and see the new stuff when it comes in. Plus these guys have helped me with questions I've had on my sleds.

Here is the dilemma, I am almost POSITIVE when I get my snowcheck quote that the local dealer isn't going to be the best price, they just don't do anywhere near the volume of the other bigger dealers. I'm wrestling with how much more I'm willing to pay in order to keep my business local. Basically it'll cost me 100 bucks just to drive to the next closest dealer just to GET the sled. Then if I have any warranty work, I have to drive 3 hours one way just to get a sled looked at. Being a first year sled, I feel it is more likely to have small warranty issues such as wiring or fitment of a new chassis.

Give me hour opinion, what would be a dollar amount you would put on supporting the local business and gaining the advantages of having warranty work done right here rather than travelling the distances I'm talking about?

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
You can take your sled to any dealer for warranty work, you don't have to take it back to the place you bought it from.

Premium Features