• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Determining the value of a Highly Customized Mod-Sled??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Chris, where I live in Wyoming I can atv/utv all winter. Sledding has lost it's appeal to me lately. So it is time to move on to something different, maybe build a rock crawler next, I just don't have the love for sledding anymore.................
I hear ya.
I went from rock crawling to sledding myself.
http://www.abysmal.com/bronco/

Image37.jpg

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
If my stock sled was a 100 plus pounds heavier 180 hp wouldn't cut it either.

i have rode both a few times :face-icon-small-hap& i get the point you are trying to make,but the viper with 180hp kit will spank that stock poo all day long unless your talking spring condition.i unlike others on here tend to be realistic,i have been around all the sleds enough to know they all have there own + & - .ride what works for yah but 180hp boosted is 180hp at 6000ft 145hp n/a is 120hp at 6000ft,so that 25hp loss more than makes up for the 100lbs,if that what the # ends up being.:face-icon-small-coo

mtboondocker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2009
in a van down by the river
Losses

Everyone I know takes a loss on their sled. Look at some of the apexs that have sold lately. $35 grand or better into them and selling for less than $10k.
Try losing two boosted yamahas in a house fire and then no insurance money.
We all pour our hearts into our sleds but at the end of the day that aint worth jack sh*t to the next guy. Rip off your favorite parts as much as possible!!!
The resale value is worth only what the next guy is willing to pay.
We do it for fun!!!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ya, I understand its a loosing business investment and we do it for the pure joy of building and riding the sleds.

My guess is this sled will sell in the next 60 days and then we will finally know what it is really worth to it's new owner.

Premium Features