• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ANY VIPER VIDS OUT THERE??

08nytromtxa

Dec 17, 2007
tisdale saskatchewan
Sorry to get off topic a little, but what do you like about the skis? How does the Viper compare (feel) to the Nytro, or any other sled for that matter, when equipped with the skid and longer track?

Skis are very good on the trail and will hold a side hill well. I've been a nytro guy since 2008 and still own a nypex.. I love the nytro chassis but hands down the viper is way easier to throw around and even after 1 weekend on it I can tell already I will be riding it the most this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
All things being equal, skid, tunnel, turbo kit, etc.... does anyone know the weight difference between a nytro and the viper?

I would like to know also and is it really that much better than the nytro built with all the goodies?

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
So you guys are running stock compression ?? 12 pounds keeps getting mentioned here..
Yes stock compression.
We are running them in different stages right now 8-10-12.
I have always loved my four strokes on boost but never loved the doggy bottom end when adding a headshim. By keeping stock compression we keep a snappy bottom end but still make big power because of the water to air and big turbo. So far we have not seen charge temps over 65 deg Farenheit which is helping prevent detonation. We will offer a pump gas kit, but it will be more expensive.
Our goal is to make these sleds more rideable for the avg person...even more two stroke like.
When we take these sleds out, we take 5-6 at a time and try multiple configurations. When we open up ordering for next season we want to make sure we are putting out the best product possible.
The sleds running in the vids are still not quite up to our standards, so we have made some changes since the last ride and will test again next weekend.

We just wanted to get some vids out there because no one has really seen a Viper run yet, not this type of riding anyway.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Yes stock compression.
We are running them in different stages right now 8-10-12.
I have always loved my four strokes on boost but never loved the doggy bottom end when adding a headshim. By keeping stock compression we keep a snappy bottom end but still make big power because of the water to air and big turbo. So far we have not seen charge temps over 65 deg Farenheit which is helping prevent detonation. We will offer a pump gas kit, but it will be more expensive.
Our goal is to make these sleds more rideable for the avg person...even more two stroke like.
When we take these sleds out, we take 5-6 at a time and try multiple configurations. When we open up ordering for next season we want to make sure we are putting out the best product possible.
The sleds running in the vids are still not quite up to our standards, so we have made some changes since the last ride and will test again next weekend.

We just wanted to get some vids out there because no one has really seen a Viper run yet, not this type of riding anyway.

Shouldn't be that way, those things should be ripping with 10 mins of tuning like the Apex and Nytro, shame on Yamaha for putting AC electronics on. It's retarded to take the best running 4 stroke engine in the industry and reinvent the wheel. Makes no sense to make them more complicated to tune. Yamaha would be nothing in the mountain sled industry without the aftermarket turbo kit/parts builders. They are the ones making Yamaha's sleds work and look good! I have no doubt u guys with have them nailed down.

08nytromtxa

Dec 17, 2007
tisdale saskatchewan
Shouldn't be that way, those things should be ripping with 10 mins of tuning like the Apex and Nytro, shame on Yamaha for putting AC electronics on. It's retarded to take the best running 4 stroke engine in the industry and reinvent the wheel. Makes no sense to make them more complicated to tune. Yamaha would be nothing in the mountain sled industry without the aftermarket turbo kit/parts builders. They are the ones making Yamaha's sleds work and look good! I have no doubt u guys with have them nailed down.

Couldn't agree more with the electronics. It's B.S whoever in Yamaha made that call should give his head a shake!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
There is a lot of things that go on behind closed doors that we will never hear about or understand.
This sled is wearing 2 sets of clothes and the manufacturers had to use one or the other vehicle control system so that's the way it goes.
Maybe it's a sign of a volume sled for Cats future?
It's a minor setback in the big scheme of things and they will be to our standards in no time. Besides...I like the gauge.

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I ran my rx1 at 12 lbs with no head shim and it was the best throttle response I ever had with that sled. That viper being better already must be a riot at 12 lbs.

Premium Features