• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 stroke builds

B

Bigred1

Oct 26, 2013
Any thoughts how a Aerocharger turbo and a smart carb would work with a big bore 500?

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Turbo Performance in Ogden, UT is playing with it I believe. Brice is a super talented turbo Tech. He had a Turboed CR500 that I don't believe was ever beaten in sand drags?

B

Bigred1

Oct 26, 2013
Turbo Performance in Ogden, UT is playing with it I believe. Brice is a super talented turbo Tech. He had a Turboed CR500 that I don't believe was ever beaten in sand drags?

Thanks Randy, Ill give them a call maybe stop by on the way home from Kalispell. Will be great to talk to someone that has done it already.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
2 smokers check your stator covers for water, I pulled mine off my kx500 and it was half full of water! I can't believe it still ran! Every time I trailered it, the engine would freeze up and I couldn't kick it over, I always just thought it was moisture in the cylinder from the boondocker intake maybe letting snowe dust in, I guess I was wrong. I am lucky I didn't wreck anything,.

I can't figure out how it got in, it seemed to be sealed all the way around and rtv'd where the wires come through.

Check out the high water line on the cover

My kx5 had some water in it too. good thing i checked

Draxxus

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2009
vancouver
aby9yruz.jpg
5upysytu.jpg
yby4u4uj.jpg

Pulled the trigger on the 300sx build , final build will be a 09 300 sxw with v force 4, full fmf sst , smarty, and bunch of other ergonomic goodies. I'll post ride footage once the track goes on . Glad to be part of the 2 stroke single ski gang.

Also gona be spinning a 13Lt , brappppppp

Now it's time to go break it in a lil up and down the street ..... Probably on one tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
I checked mine when i got back from Montana and it had water in it this time.

drill a small hole in the bottom of the cover just inside the gasket. Some already have it. If you don't, drill it to vent moisture.

Last edited:
T

thejean

Jan 17, 2013
aby9yruz.jpg
5upysytu.jpg
yby4u4uj.jpg

Pulled the trigger on the 300sx build , final build will be a 09 300 sxw with v force 4, full fmf sst , smarty, and bunch of other ergonomic goodies. I'll post ride footage once the track goes on . Glad to be part of the 2 stroke single ski gang.

Also gona be spinning a 13Lt , brappppppp

Now it's time to go break it in a lil up and down the street ..... Probably on one tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will the 300 turn an LT?

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
thejean, obviously you haven't used a LT.. it's obvious because they actually use less power than a ST. I know it sounds crazy, but they float better, and you dont' spin nearly as much, which means you can run lower revs. I'm nearly positive this 300SX build will out do my 500XCW. We'll know soon enough, another week.

The LT is NOT a power robbing monster, try one then you'll know for yourself.

T

thejean

Jan 17, 2013
I just hear so many posts where guys say you need more bike for the LT. I guess it's one of the misconceptions that is floating around. Thanks for clearing that up. I might actually consider the LT now...

D
Aug 29, 2010
Vancouver, BC
I just hear so many posts where guys say you need more bike for the LT. I guess it's one of the misconceptions that is floating around. Thanks for clearing that up. I might actually consider the LT now...

even if that were true the 300SX makes as much or more power then most of the 450's out there and its 20-30lbs lighter

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Got my hand on a ktm 55c stat.

Yup it bypasses a lot.

Took it apart. There's a dimple in the seat that let's the coolant bypass.

Got a small punch, a hammer and gave it a whack. Put back to together. No leaks. 45 second job.

Bob is literally your uncle.

Could adjust it for as little or as much bypass as you wanted.

Maybe a good little FYI for guys fiddling with this tstat on your 2 banger.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Portgrinder, i think there is also a hole in the bell if you look closely no ? I found the 55's let way to much coolant by and did nothing for boosting temp in the deep snow.

dirtrebel

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Bozeman, MT
I drilled a hole in a ktm one once thinking without it it might dead head the waterpump, dumbass, made the stat worthless!

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
anybody hating kicking over a 500...Adam Miller in Manitoba does a nice decompression valve on heads. just got mine back. looks great. pretty cheap too.

he's all over the internet if you look him up.

will save some bloody shins this winter for sure.

Premium Features