• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Husaberg FE570 build

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I've rode both KMS and BD. Both run well. BD turbo lag.
Weight wise, KMS bike was LT, gas can, gear, etc..and BD was ST and Ti.
So BD bike felt lighter, but would like to compare similar set ups.
The KMS turbo 100hp bikes are making low 50 ftlbs Tq. on dyno.
CR625 is Kit from RPM Manufacturing. Nice if you have a leg of steel.
CR625 performance is no match for the even mild turbo bikes at elevation.

Thats interesting that they only make low 50's. Must be all the HP.

Do you have a decompressor on your 625 ? If not makes a huge difference

cr500afx

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2008
Thats interesting that they only make low 50's. Must be all the HP.

Do you have a decompressor on your 625 ? If not makes a huge difference

Ya, I have a decompressor on the 625. Definitely made it easier, but definitely takes a big kick compared to my 500.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Is that RPMs decompressor ? What were your dyno numbers on that machine ? You said 61 and 43 ? Interesting

cr500afx

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2008
Is that RPMs decompressor ? What were your dyno numbers on that machine ? You said 61 and 43 ? Interesting

I used a different decompression popet valve than what RPM sent me.
Yes, 61/43 is what it ran on the dyno.

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
If this pool gets big enought I'm in at 105hp but I will need to cover some very expencive parts!!!!! I'm sure KMS could make that happen with enough $. :face-icon-small-win

In all reality I would like to see 85hp at the wheel and have a push button ride with no issues for the next few seasons. I am confident this is what I will get from KMS.

My choice of the 570 is to have a very long and flat curve so it comes on early and stays on smooth through the RPM. I am a boondocker and love to be in the tight trees scraping bark all day. I am mainly building a turbo bike to help convert some of the couch riding naysayers.

Alright Im keeping track of the Money!!!! LOL!!!

10$ minimum

KAWGRN 10$
CR500afx 10$

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
I am continuing down the road of the Memphis build.

I have had some feed back as to naming the bike. I am honesty not some weird-O that names stuff. It was something I had to do out of necessity. I first had a 2009 Husaberg FE570 that was purchased in Gunnison, I picked up a FX450 in San Diego, then I had to have another FE570 so I purchased one in Memphis, then I found another FE570 in Dallas. I was working in the shop one day with a friend and needed him to bring me one of the bikes. After a 5 minute explanation of the bike I needed, I told him to get Dallas, he immediately knew which bike I wanted. So from that day on they all have names.

Memphis arrived at KMS Performance on Friday and baseline runs are done. Of coarse the numbers are different, that is why we don't race dyno's. Dyno's are only there for base lines and final numbers, you pull runs before and after mods to see what gains you have achieved. This needs to be done on the same dyno for consistent results.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kelly also gave me a overlay of a 2013 KTM 500 XC-w

picture.php

He thinks that the Husaberg FE570 has the ability to be a true 100hp. bike when it is all said and done.

picture.php

More pictures to follow as time goes on.

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
The dyno sheets that are up are Jtabs - Jason's KTM 500 baseline and post turbo runs. The dyno sheet of Jtab's -Jason KTM 500 baseline and my Husaberg FE570 show how much difference the power is between the two bikes.

I have also included Scott's baseline and post turbo runs.

What are the base line #. Would be cool to see base line # from jtab's and Scott's turbo bikes all in this thread together.

picture.php

S
Nov 20, 2010
Toby.. I'm definitely very interested in following this build. I have talked to a few guys who do turbo's and who had gave up on turboing the 570 because of the intake location.

Where is the turbo location going to be? What turbo are you going with? Will it be intercooled (being that there is such a small amount of space up front)? Are you cutting a hole in the seat and running the boost pipe through that cut out?

I ended up buying a Nitrous kit because it seemed too hard to boost the 70 deg Berg. But if there is very little lag, very little issues in terms of reliability on the kit.. then I'll be in line one day :)

Take a TON of pics for me, and all the specs, info, details that you can!!!

Thanks!

swedenturbo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2009
Sweden
Do you have a race ecu to test with?
Correct me if I'm wrong but there are two different ways in fuel control in turbo applications. One is piggyback and the other is stand alone.
Don't know if you modify ECU settings in the piggyback fuel contol?

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
It's funny you ask!!

I just spent the weekend on the snow for the first ride this year and as I came back into the real world KMS had sent me a new load of pics on the build. They are all here in my photo album, but here is a sample of what is going on.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/album.php?albumid=3231

The turbo is hung high and out of harms way.

picture.php

picture.php

KMS feels that the closer you can get the turbo to the exhaust valve the less turbo lag you are going to have.

picture.php

The exhaust is routed through the original passage in the bike, but is much larger in diameter, and you can take it off with out stripping down the bike. You could not remove the factory exhaust without a complete tear down of the bike.

picture.php

picture.php

KMS also included one of their custom made 2 1/4" exhaust mufflers for better flow and noise reduction.

picture.php

Here is a few shots of the canned ham intake plenum.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

KMS also feels that there is no way a stock clutch could hold 100hp. so they installed a lock out clutch. And there is not one off the shelf for a Husaberg. KMS: No problem we will have one made!!!

picture.php

picture.php

KMS will be finishing up the oil feed lines and minor details today and be ready to spin the rolls this week.

After the test and tune on the dyno, all guards and things will be completed and coated. Including the custom exhaust and turbo housing.

Stay tuned the big numbers are coming!!!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Can't wait to see more of your pictures and vids.

Buddy of mine just put a Timbersled on his KTM 690. I imagine he's got a lot of bike on his hands. BUT he is 6'5" and 270lbs.

Premium Features