• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1100 review 270 BC

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
A little history of my sleds. Rode doo until 03 and then yamaha until last year. Turbo RX!, Supercharged APEX, Turbo apex, Turbo Nytro, and last year the M1100 Turbo. I do all my own work on every machine I have owned.

First ride on the M1100 to the mountains (stock). Blew 1 belt and next day the chain. Trip over because bent jackshaft and broke case.

Second ride (Boondocker 2.0 and straightpipe, 3" CE 162.) Blew 1 belt. Front shock blew a seal, rear idlers fell apart and steering all worked loose.:mad2:

3rd ride. Blew one belt. Yay! but got home and realized front shock mounts worked loose in rails and F**ked the rails.:face-icon-small-fro

4th ride Blew chain again. F**k!!!:frusty:

5th ride ( Headstuds, BC 270 kit, 2.5 MBRP downpipe, 3" straight pipe, Evo Chain, Cold air intake, Fan kit,and some clutching) Ran perfect first day out only blew one belt.:rockon: Second day out didnt make 30 min and the coolant tank split.:censored:

This sled handles great, the BC 270 changes the sled completely. Its just about compairable to a Nytro for power now. :face-icon-small-coo

But if this POS M**HER*U**ING sled cuts my trip short again...Back to Yamaha.

The quality of this piece of Arctic Cat Engineering is :censored:
From the screws that hold the hood on, screws that hold the chaincase cover on, The seat that pops off, the belts that blow, the secondary that shears bolts, The tank that splits, the chains that blow, the reverse that doesnt work, and all the bolts that have just fallen out and needed to be replaced, it is endless.

I have 1124 km on this machine with all these problems. Who tests this SH*T
because my wife rides harder than they do, if they didn't see any of these problems in testing.

My last nytro had 4200 km when I sold it. 174 2.5 ce and 270 MCXpress. Bunch of other stuff, but I forgot what under the hood looked like because it never broke down...EVER. 3 belts in 4200 km I should add too!!!:boink:

I should point out that the 270 kit is flat out Awesome!! the tuning is perfect and it pulls like a train. Changes the sled entirely.

I have two more trips planned this year....If this thing leaves me at the top of the hill once it will be...

For Sale: 2012 ARCTIC CAT M1100 Turbo. Excellent condition ( Because it doesn't run long enough to abuse it):target:

Sorry for the rant. Needed to vent somewhere.

Last edited:

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
I feel your pain!

A little history of my sleds. Rode doo until 03 and then yamaha until last year. Turbo RX!, Supercharged APEX, Turbo apex, Turbo Nytro, and last year the M1100 Turbo. I do all my own work on every machine I have owned.

First ride on the M1100 to the mountains (stock). Blew 1 belt and next day the chain. Trip over because bent jackshaft and broke case.

Second ride (Boondocker 2.0 and straightpipe, 3" CE 162.) Blew 1 belt. Front shock blew a seal, rear idlers fell apart and steering all worked loose.:mad2:

3rd ride. Blew one belt. Yay! but got home and realized front shock mounts worked loose in rails and F**ked the rails.:face-icon-small-fro

4th ride Blew chain again. F**k!!!:frusty:

5th ride ( Headstuds, BC 270 kit, 2.5 MBRP downpipe, 3" straight pipe, Evo Chain, Cold air intake, Fan kit,and some clutching) Ran perfect first day out only blew one belt.:rockon: Second day out didnt make 30 min and the coolant tank split.:censored:

This sled handles great, the BC 270 changes the sled completely. Its just about compairable to a Nytro for power now. :face-icon-small-coo

But if this POS M**HER*U**ING sled cuts my trip short again...Back to Yamaha.

The quality of this piece of Arctic Cat Engineering is :censored:
From the screws that hold the hood on, screws that hold the chaincase cover on, The seat that pops off, the belts that blow, the secondary that shears bolts, The tank that splits, the chains that blow, the reverse that doesnt work, and all the bolts that have just fallen out and needed to be replaced, it is endless.

I have 1124 km on this machine with all these problems. Who tests this SH*T
because my wife rides harder than they do, if they didn't see any of these problems in testing.

My last nytro had 4200 km when I sold it. 174 2.5 ce and 270 MCXpress. Bunch of other stuff, but I forgot what under the hood looked like because it never broke down...EVER. 3 belts in 4200 km I should add too!!!:boink:

I should point out that the 270 kit is flat out Awesome!! the tuning is perfect and it pulls like a train. Changes the sled entirely.

I have two more trips planned this year....If this thing leaves me at the top of the hill once it will be...

For Sale: 2012 ARCTIC CAT M1100 Turbo. Excellent condition ( Because it doesn't run long enough to abuse it):target:

Sorry for the rant. Needed to vent somewhere.
Exactly... who the f@ck was testing this sh!t? P()ssy's!

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
That's painful....

Bluebird day in Alpine, riding with TS and Evo Jim. First trip out with everything done to the sled, haven't rode it in 2 months. 15 miles up the trail.....split coolant tank amoung other little things from multiple people and months of building a little at a time. Jay pops out the butane after pulling the tank on the trail....runs out of butane. Back to truck for new coolant tank (which i brought and everyone laughed when I did) welded it up before even putting it on. All just in time to leave the hill.
Too much movement in drivetrain. Braces, chains, manual tensioner, shaft if you can find one, are all weak spots. Affects chains and belts. Sh@tty that we have to fix all that stuff.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Thank god for the aftermarket...

Yes, Cat should have gotten it right out of the crate, but obviously the manufacturing "tolerances" are more then tolerant. I've spent a bunch on my M1100T which wasn't a belt blower, but only because I was proactive rather then reactive, and changed stuff I felt would help with durability (I don't mind being a bit of a guinea pig), especially with great support from JustBoostIt, EVO Powersports, & Racin Station. The driveline is weak on these sleds when the horsepower is jacked up, my chain was toast at the 500 mile mark. Will be testing the C3 SyncroDrive this weekend in Valemount, should be a welcome addition even if reverse is gone. Will post results once I've beat the tar out of it, with a follow up ride midweek as well (location to be determined).
It is my opinion that the chassis has too much flex between the motor mounts, TCL, and jackshaft. Venting / exhaust wrapping is a must on these sleds, too. If these things are addressed, belts should hold up. Installing my stock 082 belt with 400 miles on it already for testing, as the 084 is a bit long in the minimal space provided in the engine compartment - need a length somewhere in the middle of the two...
That said, once these sleds are set up properly, they are the most fun you can have with your clothes on - just takes a bit more money to get them there. In the grand scheme of things you couldn't ask for a better platform for a mod sled, to build a 2S mod would cost you more, & not have the reliable 4S power & torque...

B
Jan 19, 2012
I look forward to hearing how your belt drive works. We got one for mine, but I'm still down (over a month now) from a chaincase that exploded into the oil tank, and of course took the engine and turbo out. PUmped metal through the whole oil system. Inspector from cat came to approve the claim, and gave them a b.s story they need to tear the entrie engine down completely before he will approve anything. Long story short, I sure hope I get more than one mountain ride on my 30k sled next year. Last season I put 1200 very reliable miles on it. This year the only riding I have had is in the prairies trying to get clutching right, and one day in the mountains. A total of about 200 miles.

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
Another Ride

:first:Just went out this past weekend to Renshaw and rode 2 days with no break downs on the hill. This BC 270 pulls hard and is a fun sled to ride. I would recommend WKM in lloydminster to anyone. Gene stayed late when I picked up all my parts and it was nice talking to a dealer that actually rides and knows what you are talking about. :face-icon-small-coo The sled Handles great and the power is smooth. I didnt break on the hill but down the trail I snapped the front shock on the rear susp. Still cant make a trip with out a break down, but this one was minor.

S
Dec 2, 2009
Central Alberta
Owning a 1100t is like getting a high speed mechanic apprenticeship. I've had my sled completely apart 10 times and each time it goes back together worse and worse. I just spent the last two months down with a destroyed chaincase. I love the motor but everything around it is a brain fart from some overconfident undereducated engineer. I've thrown a wheelbarrow of cash(28g) at this sled and feel it will never end. I bought this sled to get away from mod sleds and now I've got enough invested to boost and carbon a 800.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I've had three 1100t's, a 12' and two 13's. from 220 to over 300hp. Over 3000 combined hard miles. Never had a single break down.

Premium Features