• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NyPro project a GO!

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Sold my motor, and found a used nytro for motor swap. Will be selling nytro chassis as a whole minus motor and electrical. Looking for $1750 for everything!

I will be updating you with pics of build and issues or good ideas that come about. Adrenaline Junkies will be doing fab work in Deadwood, SD they do amzing work and very knowledgeable on Yamaha motors! Stay tuned for updates....

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Dry fitted nytro motor last night in pro chassis, everything seems to fit except steering linkage, looks good sitting in there wish it was done so i could try it out! Weighed my 600pro motor with primary clutch 95lbs. / nytro motor with primary clutch weighed 125lbs. If my figures are right we should be on par for a 490lb. 4 stroke, full of oil and coolant, ready to ride!

Last edited:
S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Dry fitted nytro motor last night in pro chassis, everything seems to fit except steering linkage, looks good sitting in there wish it was done so i could try it out! Weighed my 600pro motor with primary clutch 95lbs. / nytro motor with primary clutch weighed 125lbs. If my figures are right we should be on par for a 490lb. 4 stroke mountain sled ready to ride, full of gas, oil and coolant, ready to ride! Naturally aspirated ..

C
Nov 29, 2008
Dry fitted nytro motor last night in pro chassis, everything seems to fit except steering linkage, looks good sitting in there wish it was done so i could try it out! Weighed my 600pro motor with primary clutch 95lbs. / nytro motor with primary clutch weighed 125lbs. If my figures are right we should be on par for a 490lb. 4 stroke mountain sled ready to ride, full of gas, oil and coolant, ready to ride! Naturally aspirated ..

how about some pictures .......

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana

How are you coming up with 490 besides the weight of the nytro motor and clutch combo?

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Here are some pics of the dry fit, as you can see the steering linkage was in the way, and only other issue im seeing is a little material may have to be removed from the left side support bracket then later add a stiffener. I pulled some wrong foot forwards in the garage and tipped her up a little with about 3/4 tank of fuel in it as well and it seemed very balanced and still light/rigid from what I can tell :face-icon-small-hap

sled project 133.jpg sled project 135.jpg sled project 136.jpg sled project 137.jpg sled project 138.jpg

Last edited:
S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Yep straight tunnel dump with 10-12" pipes. Have done this on a few light modded nytros it works great!

RIDECATS

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2002
MN
For the new viper the rear mount is welded to the heat exchanger and looks really clean way to get the rear mounts in

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
For the new viper the rear mount is welded to the heat exchanger and looks really clean way to get the rear mounts in

Is there anyone that could get me pics of that rear mount on viper? I was thinking about doing something like that but didnt know if it would hold up..

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
The guys at Adrenalin Junkies will get started on motor mounts in 2 weeks, right after Jackson Hole hillclimbs, I had to take 1.5 inches off steering post then we will later redo steering geometry to make it work, Ive taken alot of time to think this thing through now its just a matter of time to measure fab up some motor mounts and torque link arms on CNC machine. Fuel rail will clear along with air horns below the overstructure, looks like the yamaha belt from nytro will be our best fit since this motor lays down and back more then the polaris motor does. I will post more pics tonight of everything laying in the correct location. Really have not come across a major issue yet, but we will know more once we have bulkhead and tunnel up on bench and the professionals get to work on this thing!

RIDECATS

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2002
MN
Is there anyone that could get me pics of that rear mount on viper? I was thinking about doing something like that but didnt know if it would hold up..

If you search some of the viper threads you can see it. When I saw in person I thought ... Dang that was clever.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Some better pics, you will notice a couple of tight areas but the motor will move back about a 1/4" which will allow a little more room for fuel rail which clears by about a 1/4 already, and will move counter balancer bottom case away from bulckhead. Had to relocate brake caliper, rolled it back about 4", also had to cut about 1.5" off the bottom of vertical steering post so we will have redo steering geo.

sled project 028.jpg sled project 025.jpg sled project 013.jpg sled project 007.jpg sled project 022.jpg sled project 005.jpg sled project 006.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features