• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New MH kit?

E

eskimojoe77

Nov 30, 2011
Mtn-Doo mentioned in his kx500 build thread that he was going to be running a new kit on it that would be revealed in a couple weeks. Well a couple weeks has passed and I am getting pretty curious. So when is the final revealing going to take place? We all survived the Mayan end of the world and Super Storm Sandy, Christmas has come and gone, we've entered a new year, and we've teetered back from the fiscal cliff (wish we'd pushed the politicians over when we had the chance), so I think it's time for our minds to be blown by the new and improved Timbersled Mountain Horse on steroids. Please.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
I know, I know... :) They are about finished. It will be unveiled very soon. Possibly next weekend. Hang on........ :jaw:

Mtn. Muncher

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
I can't say what it is right now but I can say this. It’s expensive and it light.:face-icon-small-win<O:p</O:p

E

eskimojoe77

Nov 30, 2011
You just gave it away! Nostradamus predicted that in the year 2013 a revolutionary Carbon Fiber snowbike kit would appear from the great northwest and crush mountains and echo thunderous roars throughout the white landscape. It's finally come to be, or nearly in a week or so according to Mtn-doo. Carbon fiber lightweight and expensive! You heard it here first!

V
Sep 22, 2008
SO if Nostradamus is correct there should be several slightly used kits available for the over taxed middle class worker ants .

E

eskimojoe77

Nov 30, 2011
What is the big secret?

We've been patiently waiting to see what this new kit has to offer and we've been led on like a nerd dancing with the homecoming queen, or a snow biker tempted by a frozenmoto super promise that never seems to come. So Mtn-doo, doo or doo you not have something special to share for show-n-tell? Pretty please?

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Yes, It has been a process getting everything done. Allen has been working hard to get this new proto-type stuff perfect for testing. We will be installing next week.

E

eskimojoe77

Nov 30, 2011
Rumor has it

I heard that the new kit can guarantee the highest tax return possible and folds your laundry too. Here's to hoping the rumors are true, because you'll need that extra cash to afford it and I think I just soiled myself in anticipation of its greatness, so the laundry feature will come in handy.

E

eskimojoe77

Nov 30, 2011
rumor mill

I can't say where I heard it, but the latest news is that the new MH kit is somewhere deep in the Appalachian Mountains at a super secret hillbilly testing facility where it and the long awaited Frozenmoto kit are being groomed by banjo plucking, backwoods dwelling, snaggle toothed test riders for purpose of the total destruction of the big four twoski grip on the winter recreation industry. That's the word on the street, I can neither confirm nor deny its validity.

Last edited:
M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
It is actually not that far from home. Some new proto testing has begun. I will be installing a test unit tonight. Ride tomorrow.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Hey everyone. I posted some info and pic's on the KX500AF thread. Heading out the door to ride the "Monster" right now. I will elaborate details later.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Hey everybody.

Here are some pic's and some details of what Timbersled products have been up to. This is a proto type kit that shows what the possibilities are and what the engineers are able to develop. Much like when General Motor's releases an article and photo's of a new concept car. It may never see production, however pieces and parts will likely be incorporated into future models. The engineers at Timbersled Products are constantly pushing the boundaries and thinking way beyond the present to develop products that far exceed anything before seen. That drive and talent ensures there will always be new and innovative products that re-define quality and the ultimate in performance. A big thank you to everyone and their incredible hard work and talent.

This kit may be available in a very limited number by special pre-season order only. Those decisions are being considered but not final as of yet.

Details of the new project are; Full Titanium frame, Titanium Jack Shaft, Titanium Drive shaft, Titanium Springs, every nut and bolt Titanium. Front Spindle Titanium hardware. All small parts of the Mountain Tamer are Black Anodized, the fit kit is Black Anodized, strut rod Black Anodized, fork clamps Black Anodized with Titanium nuts and bolts. The welds and detail of the Titanium work is pure art. There are even two gussets in the front of the frame that are pure art work, and Titanium. The Jack Shaft is facetized by machining to accept the drivers. Beautiful and solid Titanium. I tried to get some pictures of the welds and Jack Shaft. Carbon Fiber side panels and a Carbon Fiber tunnel top have been made but not installed yet. They are making some adjustments and will be installed later. I will post pic's then. The secondary drive is being tested with a Belt Drive system. Billet Aluminum wheels and a belt much like a small Super Charger belt. That drive system is currently being tested on units.

The total combined weight savings will be nearly 60%. The belt drive system alone is a huge weight savings over the Steel Sprockets and 520 chain. There will also be a performance gain to reducing the mass during acceleration.

This new Titanium test unit in a 136" LT is lighter than my 121"ST! On a test ride yesterday it was amazing. The first noticeable difference was the acceleration. It is very fast through the snow. The light weight stays afloat and the energy is used to move forward. I am geared "up" with a 14T drive sprocket on the bike, and I can fly at full throttle in 3rd gear. So fast that looking ahead and staying under control are becoming a factor. And keep in mind, that is on a "long track" in thigh deep powder. wow!

009small.jpg 010small.jpg 012small.jpg 014small.jpg 015small.jpg 018small.jpg 019small.jpg

Last edited:
T
Mar 9, 2012
Wow that is a piece of art, your right!! Only problem is I bet it costs half as much as a new Corvette. If I ever find a Titanium mine on my property I'll be first in line!!

Premium Features