• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 - 2012 Diesel Trucks - Opinions/Experiences

kej

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
2010 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7auto short crew we paid 42k
2011 Same with few more opts 43k
Buddy picked up 2012 ho mega every opt. heated/cooled frt &rear seats,dvd,nav sunroof no trade 49k

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I traded 09 leathered up Duramax for 2012 mega cab Laramie. Interior is far superior then my gm. Heated and cooled seats with heated steering wheel. Love the room. Stock this truck was a pos. with chip and exhaust a whole new truck. If gm comes out with bigger cab in next 2-3 years I will be headed back. Like the dodge interior/mega cab but I think the Duramax ally combo I liked a whole lot more

Apples to oranges. My 2011 Duramax has heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, remote start (iPhone app start too!) along with a bunch of other cool stuff. I also have a factory exhaust brake. Anyone else????

jokerman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Wy.
Bought a 2011 3500 CC Longhorn (dual) 8'box 6.7ltr loaded ($50,000) just gotta shop around:face-icon-small-hap,so far so good,coming from a (00)f-350 super powerstroke

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
Apples to oranges. My 2011 Duramax has heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, remote start (iPhone app start too!) along with a bunch of other cool stuff. I also have a factory exhaust brake. Anyone else????

Just curious why that would be apples to oranges? Oh btw... all the cummins have had factory exhaust brake since 08..... well at least I've never seen one without it.

kej

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007

All of the Dodge 2500's I listed have same equipment you are listing.(2010,2011 & 2012mega) BUT sold for $42k, $43k and $48k Anyone else????

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Can't beat the sexy look of the Denali duramax! Man I love those trucks. Will be my next truck. Another year with the half ton and I'll upgrade to the duramax. The new f350's are impressive. But I'm a gm guy!

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Can't beat the sexy look of the Denali duramax! Man I love those trucks. Will be my next truck. Another year with the half ton and I'll upgrade to the duramax. The new f350's are impressive. But I'm a gm guy!

I looked at the Denali and could not pull the trigger - I went with the SLT instead. I think they charge $1000 per letter to spell Denali on the side of the truck for that upgrade! :face-icon-small-ton

They are sweet though!

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I looked at the Denali and could not pull the trigger - I went with the SLT instead. I think they charge $1000 per letter to spell Denali on the side of the truck for that upgrade! :face-icon-small-ton

They are sweet though!

About $1400 for a Denali over and Slt. You get a better grade of leather, trim package(color matched bumpers, chrome trim) a wheel package and a slightly different interior.

Price is assumed you add the standard options the Denali add. Not a big deal but you can only get the heated steering wheel on a Denali and until 2012 you could only get cooled seats on a Denali.

I think $1400 is more than fair for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
All of the Dodge 2500's I listed have same equipment you are listing.(2010,2011 & 2012mega) BUT sold for $42k, $43k and $48k Anyone else????

Touchy huh? Dodge wasn't equipping exhaust brakes a couple years ago I didn't know they have them now. I still can't find an exhaust brake on the Dodge web page. Are you sure you are not thinking of engine (transmission) braking?

Last edited:

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
About $1400 for a Denali over and Slt. You get a better grade of leather, trim package(color matched bumpers, chrome trim) a wheel package and a slightly different interior.

Price is assumed you add the standard options the Denali add. Not a big deal but you can only get the heated steering wheel on a Denali and until 2012 you could only get cooled seats on a Denali.

I think $1400 is more than fair for that.

The Denali is sweet, but It's closer to $4,500 more for a 2012 Denali than an SLT with the same leather, color matched bumpers, chrome trim, and same dash. I just ordered a SLT last week, should see it in eight weeks. I'll have to live without the heated steering wheel, $2,300 navigation system (we don't have many roads in Alaska anyways), and $780 cooled seats (again, not needed in Alaska).

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Touchy huh? Dodge wasn't equipping exhaust brakes a couple years ago I didn't know they have them now. I still can't find an exhaust brake on the Dodge web page. Are you sure you are not thinking of engine (transmission) braking?

My '11 Dodge has the exhaust brake, works so well you actually have to turn it off 'cause it will slow it down so much.

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado

I find this comical. I double checked my facts to make sure but I was pretty sure when I mentioned it in an early post. Dodge was actually the first to have the exhaust brake standard with its diesels when the 6.7 came out in 07. Standard btw... not optional. Ford was next in 08 but it was optional. And the GM boys were actually the last to the party to start offering one in 10. Not to flame on you but people don't research vehicles as much as they think they do. :peace:

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

your denalli duramax aint' a whole lot different then the interior of my 09. you may have a couple more badges in yours and what not, but same plain interior in my opinion. dont' take this the wrong way, i love my gmc and plan on going back. but gmc is alot like yammi right now, they are always last to come out with the newest latest greatest IMO. my dodge interior is night and day better then the nicest gmc interior right now. but that's why i'm in a dodge and your still in a gmc. we have different opinions and that's totally fine.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
The Denali is sweet, but It's closer to $4,500 more for a 2012 Denali than an SLT with the same leather, color matched bumpers, chrome trim, and same dash. I just ordered a SLT last week, should see it in eight weeks. I'll have to live without the heated steering wheel, $2,300 navigation system (we don't have many roads in Alaska anyways), and $780 cooled seats (again, not needed in Alaska).

It doesn't really matter if you need cooled seats or not. To make the comparison fair you need to equip the trucks the same. On a Duramax the difference is actually $1305.

$4500 might be the difference on a half Ton or Yukon because a Denali package will add AWD and the 6.2l motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
your denalli duramax aint' a whole lot different then the interior of my 09. you may have a couple more badges in yours and what not, but same plain interior in my opinion. dont' take this the wrong way, i love my gmc and plan on going back. but gmc is alot like yammi right now, they are always last to come out with the newest latest greatest IMO. my dodge interior is night and day better then the nicest gmc interior right now. but that's why i'm in a dodge and your still in a gmc. we have different opinions and that's totally fine.

I agree with you on GM coming to the party late constantly. I just didn't know about he exhaust brake. I thought I read something to the opposite.

As far as interior...different strokes for different folks. I don't like the Dodge interior. The leather in my Denali is different than the GMC truck and there are other change inside (wood/leather heated steering wheel, standard ac/heated seats, badging). But I also get that some people don't like the GMC interior.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Does the exhaust brake on the Dodge function through the ECU to work with the transmission, brake controller and skid control to help control the load (sway control)?

The GM system uses the transmission, brake controller, exhaust brake and ECU to all function as one unit to control speed and load.

Premium Features